• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-D Strangeness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobad

I've had this board for a while now, and it's been solid.

I just replaced my old E6400 with an E6850, and now get a "CPU Microcode Error" on every boot. (press F1 to resume)

Before I installed the new 6850, I set the board back to defaults. On the first boot, I noticed the FSB had defaulted to 266 instead of 333. I turned off Speedstep and C1, and re-booted.

Still get the uCode error on each bootup. Everything is currently at auto except the FSB, which I manually set to 333. The chip seems stable, runs CPU-Z 1meg at 17sec at stock 3ghz.

Has anyone experienced this strangeness with a P5B-D, 0614 BIOS, and 6850? Do I perhaps need a BIOS update to run the 6850?

Edit: More strangeness. Intel TAT reports a Pentium M, and an impossibly low temperature, about 22c at idle. Core Temp reports the same thing. PCWizard reports 33, which sounds about right.

Many thanks,,,

Last edited:
Back