• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5PE-VM overclocking - help with ram please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr. T

Hi everyone, i need your help. I've got an Asus p5pe-vm (chipset i865) with e4500, 2gb kingston ddr400 (value ram KVR400X64C3A/1GB). I've been trying to overclock it without results.

The bios doesn't have any overclocking options, i've been using clockgen and memset to try and raise it from 200 to 266 (at least). However, i don't know how to set the ram nor the fsb:ram ratio to ddr333 or ddr266 to be able to raise the fsb.

How can i do this? Is there a way to set the ram speed through windows? if i change the latencies will the speed automatically change?

I know some people have been using the BSEL mod to overclock in this scenario but i can't use it (the conductive paint is not available where i live). Has anyone been able to oc this board without the bsel mod?
Thanks.

Dr. T

Back