• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I'm finally going water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

I think I'm finally going water, what parts?

Ok I should be purchasing a new pc in the next couple days

specs are

Q6600
ABIT IP35 Pro
8000 GT
CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX
2x2 gig G.skill DDR2-1000
In an original Stacker that I am willing to cut into

Now I'm looking to stay as close to $300 or so as I can (most of the money will come from selling my current rig) and I will be checking around the classies for used parts. I'm not lookig to buy right away so I have a little time to find the best deals I can.

I'm mainly switching to get some better temps and OC, dead silence is not my goal but neither is the sound of a 747 taking off.

I'm looking to see what kind of pump, 360 rad, and blocks would give me the best price to perfomance in my budget (probably T-line and no res)

Last edited:
id suggest a mcr320 rad, a D5/mcp655 pump, a D-tek fuzion cpu block and a mcw60 for a gpu block if you need that, this should run you about $250 with the gpu block and about $200 without the gpu block

and just throw some yate fans on the rad, and you need some tubing, so with everything shipping etc. you should be around $300 ish

sry too lazy to look up all the parts now

Cpu block: Dtek fuzion or Swiftech apogee GT
pump: D5/mcp655 (cheaper), or DDC with extra top.
rad: Swiftch MCR320 or MCR220,
gpu block: Swiftech MCW60,
Misc: Tubing MasterCleer, Clamps, thermal compound, heatsinks,
Additive: pentosin g11 or hydrox
Fans: Yate Loons

thank you for the replies, and yes the GPU will be included.

I was already planning on picking up some Yate Loon D12SM-12's for the rad and my case. (and a fan controller)

Also I forgot to ask approx. how much tubing I will probably need for this build. I think i need to start a new thread on arrangement of the parts in the case here soon.

those parts look right about what I was looking for, the rad and cpu block were what I was most concerned about.

also how many ram sinks will be needed for an 8800 GT?

+1 for triple rad, and a good one, PA120.3 maybe. 4 cores + GPU is hard to cool if you want to keep noise as low as possible.

+1 for triple rad, and a good one, PA120.3 maybe. 4 cores + GPU is hard to cool if you want to keep noise as low as possible.

i'm definitely going with a triple rad. I'd love to go for the PA120.3 but it's just not in my budget. I looked up info on the parts the others suggested and it looks like I'm probably going with the MCR320, apogee GT, MCW60, and a D5 or MCP655. Noise isn't a big issue here as i'm planning on getting a fan controller and will keep the fans slower for day to day use and crank them up for testing and gaming, I game with headphones so the noise doesn't bother me, not even my 1800xt at 100%.

If all goes well I should be able to start picking up parts shortly. my new pc parts are scheduled to be here on thursday and i have to sell off my current pc to fund most of this project.

Back