• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who owns the GA-P35-DS3L how do you like it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would also like to know. I'm going to buy it next week,, so any opinions would be appreciated.

I like mine. Small board, only has 4 SATA ports, but that is no problem for me. I do wish it had SLI or Crossfire options for video cards, but again, no problem for me. I have gotten my Q6600 around 3GHz pretty easily, temps get too high, but that is not the boards problem.

The only thing I do not really like about it is the temp sensors. They vary like crazy, Everest does not have much info, it shows just one CPU temp that is 15 or more degress lower than what CoreTemp shows for each core.

For the price, I am very happy with mine. It is my first build 'on the dark side'. (Intell) Pretty good BIOS options. Onboard sound and NIC work great for me.

:beer:

E

Search is your friend here. Go to advanced search and select only the forums and dates (like 3 months and earlier) you want to find. Plop "GA-P35-DS3L" in the search box and Woops, there it is!

i must say i could not be happier with my DS3L... on first boot i had problems, but that was due to some messed up ram... no fault of the DS3L... i put some good ram booted no prob. the layout is perfect IMO they did an awesome job on that. It has allowed me to clock my E4300 to 3ghz on stock volts... and the nb and sb hs's barly get hot to the touch.

Again i could not be happier with this board, definetly worth the not so much money (think newegg has it right now for 89.99 free shipped.... thats an insane deal.... espically on a board that will do 500+... probably 550+ fsb with a simple 40mm fan on the nb HS.

EDIT... oh ya cant forget the nice ammount of bios options (11 different memory timing sections, TONS of voltage options...) I may dare to say that its got more voltage and ocing options than my Asus P5W-DH Deluxe... which cost 2.66 as much!!!

COMP%20007.JPG

Search is your friend here. Go to advanced search and select only the forums and dates (like 3 months and earlier) you want to find. Plop "GA-P35-DS3L" in the search box and Woops, there it is!

I cant find the review. can you post a link.

Got mine at ClubIT.

$89.48 and NO REBATES.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=545755&highlight=GA-P35-DS3L

I just got mine up and running with an E6750 + 4 GB RAM and an EVGA 8800GT SC. The only thing that worries me so far is that with everything at stock, the NB and SB heatsinks are both almost too hot to touch. The 8800GT puts out a bunch of heat too, and it sits right above the SB. Luckily, the CPU seems to be running cool even with all the other stuff.

Is anyone else feeling the heat?

I got one for my first build a few weeks ago for $89? and I love it.. its only been up and running for 2 days.. stock but yea. first build love? Though that wasnt much help I'd suggest searching these forums since thats what I did because they have a TON of information.

reading up is the best bet. Not everyones dis/likes are the same :\

Did it have the new Bios so you could just plug the new chip in and where did you get the board.

It was revision 2, from newegg.

Shipped with the f6 Bios, which supports the yorkdale and also, supported my wolfdale quite nicely. However, just to be safe, i q-flashed to the f8a Bios and i've got to say, it was super easy and I love the board still!

It was revision 2, from newegg.

Shipped with the f6 Bios, which supports the yorkdale and also, supported my wolfdale quite nicely. However, just to be safe, i q-flashed to the f8a Bios and i've got to say, it was super easy and I love the board still!
thanks

Did you flash with flopy, i like doing it that way.

Also what memory did you use.

thanks

Did you flash with floppy, i like doing it that way.

Also what memory did you use.

I flashed mine using a flash drive. It came with F5 and I flashed it to F8a. It works like a charm and I have had no problems as of yet.

I think I just jinxed myself. All of a sudden this damn thing won't hold an o/c. No matter what I type in bios it boots, but FSB is dropped to stock 266 even though I have the speedstep stuff turned off.

Last edited:
just got this
heres what i wrote yesterday at AT forums

few cons now that have been overclocking the past days are

1. memory overclocking isnt as good as my p5n-e sli which i was already suspecting. but i cant do 4-4-4 have to do 5-5-5- and at lower speeds. but i dont care really

2. no 1t 2 t options again i dont care not like ill feel it with out benching.

3. this most shocking one. VDROOP!!! omg i thought my p5n-e sli was the worst , the ds3l is really bad. i got to pencil mod the p5n-e i cant find any pencil modding for this board.

For example 1.47 set in bios cpu-z reporting 1.392 under full orthos load.

I love mine. Shame no RAID....GREAT overclocking options. Vast array of voltage options for the CPU.

Been solid for me.

Well i have my board however memory voltage is off with selections:mad:
Memory votage in Bios is correct
Default 2.096v
+.1v = 1.872v
+.2v = 1.984v
+.3v = 2.096v
+.4v = 2.232v

Actual measurements of memory voltage with Fluke 87 v Digital meter
Default 2.119v
Memory multiplier switched from auto to any ratio 1.786v
+.1v = 1.888v