• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
My build is projected as follows:

EVGA 780i
Q6600 Go Stepping(of course)
2x EVGA 8800GTS 512MB
Probably Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 DDR2-1066 2GB Kit 2 x 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 500GB

I'm looking at what i need as far as a complete water cooling system for this system. It will of course be pushed to the edge as far as OC'ing goes. I think I have the NB and CPU water blocks figured out from Koolance despite not finding the bracket for the cpu block. Any and all suggestions please, I'm wanting to start this build within a week or two with any luck ;p Thank you in advance!

pump: D5/mcp655, or DDC with extra top.
rad: MCR320,
gpu block: 2x MCW60,
Misc: Tubing, Clamps, thermal compound, heatsinks, pentosin g11 or hydrox
Fans: Yate Loons

you forgot the cpu block meionm

id suggest a d-tek fuzion for the cpu, you dont really need a nb block unless you are going to push high FSBs some active cooling should be enough

Thank you to both of you, as stated I will be pushing this rig to its maximum limit(safely) I want to make sure that I have as much cooling power as i can as I will be pushing the FSB of the MB as far as I can. I'm basically intermediately experienced at building, however, this will be my first venture into actual OC'ing a rig. I will be on these forums and trolling for as much info as i can as I have been for weeks now. Once i physically start the build i will be sure to post pics of the progress and invite suggestions as well. Thank you for the ideas guys, feel free to throw me anything hardware wise as I am still looking to complete a final build sheet.

Back