• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MicroCenter - Corporate Schmoes Actually Listening?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suprchargd

Anyone else notice the good deals that have recently popped up at Microcenter? Since the beginning of the year they've had:

Lian Li V1000 - $140
ATI 3870X2 - $390
E8400 - $190
CM 690 - $20AR

Maybe they're noticing Fry's finally and doing something about it?

That's really good to hear, I remember not too long ago they had the worst prices of anywhere on new hardware, sometimes by hundreds of dollars. Like when the 65nm Intel CPUs came out, Microcenter wanted around $600 for the 930. So I went home and bought one from newegg for just over $200. Then they opened a Fry's down the street and I, along with most of their customers probably, went there instead :)

It was mostly their CPU prices though, they've always been pretty reasonable on hard drives and optical drives and such. Fry's was still cheaper on those other items too though :-/

Now if only they would take away the stupid 15% restocking fee.

The last few local purchases I've made have been at MicroCenter after visiting Fry's first. MC has nowhere the selection, but if I know both places have it, I'll call before making the trip out there.

Their monthly deals are usually pretty good. The only problem is they seem hopelessly addicted to offering rebates on almost everything in order to do it.

Yeah I just bought an E8400 for a setup I am putting together, Microcenter seems to be having better deals but the location by here is really well known to be a joke. A lot of worthless employees or nagging up sellers so bad to the point I had to tell the person off.

They must be really hard on their employees for them to act like that but generally I never buy offline anyway...E8400 was in stock there and for $189. It was worth the BS I suppose.

I thought I was getting a good deal on a set of 4gig of ram for 69.99 AR. I put the order in on Thursday night, they 'get the order' on Friday and say that it will be shipped on Monday. Comes Monday(today), and I get an email saying the ram is now on backorder. Link to ram page. MC also raised the price before rebate from $109.99 to $124.99.

Nowhere on the site or product info does it even mention that the product is in backorder or limited supply. I get the usual no ETA on anything, but they'll let me know in a month if it has come in yet :rolleyes:

I'd like to know exactly how does that translate to using the rebate, if the rebate states "must be postmarked within 21 days of purchase date". Would that mean from the day they ship me the product, or the day that I actually attempted to purchase it?

After researching about their site a bit, it seems it's common policy for MC to never update their site to actually show products in their inventory. Ultimately, this entire experience is leaving just a poor taste.

Back