• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PreMier 300 watt, are these things any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

I have a slightly old 300 watt ATX powersupply, Im not using it in this system, it came from a friends pc that got shot by lighting,(through phone line) the PS works fine tested it earlier, But is it really that good, it doesnt look it because the PS that in this system has more connectors than it and the wires seem a bit low quality...Would this PS be good enough to run a KT7a and 1.2ghz Duron (morgan)? I will eventualy replace it...

It runs my 1.3gig t-bird just fine, but the 5v dips pretty low when overclocking...

I am tired of cheap psu's myself, going with a quality one next.

Guess I put aside overclocking the 1.2 Duron when I get until I get another Heroichi like I have right now...Thanks

Angry said:
Guess I put aside overclocking the 1.2 Duron when I get until I get another Heroichi like I have right now...Thanks

I was just looking at one of those at a local shop...350 watts, what do you think of it?

I got one of those Premiers with my Enlight 7237. They obviously don't even DOA test them at the factory as the On/Off switch was defective. When I examined it at work, in the Failure Analysis Lab, it was missing a key internal part of the switch and could never have worked from the get-go. That is not my idea of a good manufacturing practice. I was able to replace it with a quality part and it ran okay for an OC Duron and minimal add-on components in my first OC rig. I would not recommend it for a heavy OC Tbird system, but it's fine if you don't intend to OC the CPU. It's in my wifes rig now. 1.33 Tbird running at 1.33, with 2x256MB SDRAM, Glaciator, 40x CD Rom, 20G HDD. Not a very stressful setup.

73, Hoot

flounder43 said:

I was just looking at one of those at a local shop...350 watts, what do you think of it?

Its Great, powers all my fans without making my hardrive fuss because of low volatge, I used it with my 1ghz Tbird AXIA, I got it up to 1.47 air cooling, Now I have even more fans, one big one that takes up 2 5 inch bays....:burn:
Sucker has chopped my fingernals a few times...
I have the 300watt btw, I heard that this is the same company that makes Enermax PS's...but taht whatr i just heard, I know from personal experience that these are good

Back