• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35 Pro - High FSB, PC won't come out of standby.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuskenraider

This is in XP Pro SP2. Anyone else experience this? Have a solution? If I run 446x9 standby works great, 500x8 it won't awaken all the way. My brother's does the same thing. The fans start backup, drives spin, but no video and I notice I don't get power to the USB ports I assume, since my keyboard and mouse don't light back up.

I can't say that I have, but if standby works at one FSB value with the BIOS settings the way they are, I can't see why I'd want to change suspend options. Something to try though.

I experience this on absolutely EVERY system I have ever OC'd. I don't know where exactly it starts, but once you pass a certain FSB speed the system does not come out of standby. This has happened to me on all P4 chips as well as all C2D's and any mobo I have ever played with.

i have seen people ask a the same question. They were at lower fsb's though, i wonder if it has something to do with NB. since its not happening below 500mhz...

Back