• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo advice for super budget build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pejsaboy

So, my wife wants me to put together a pc for a friend at her work on the smallest realistic budget. This will have to include monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. A complete package. The primary functions of the pc will be for internet and digital photo storage, maybe some word processing. No gaming, audio/video editing, real bare bones pc.

I've just started looking around for parts, and was planning on going with a celeron 420 as its the cheapest intel I've seen on newegg for lga775 ;)

really I only need a suggestion on a motherboard I think, the rest is pretty easy for me. It doesn't need overclocking options, and I won't be using them if it has them. Basically, I just want something cheap and reliable, preferably with onboard video. mATX is ok, and might even be the best way to go for this build, I'm not sure. Thanks!

EDIT: nm, decided it would be better to get a cheap Dell- I won't be the tech support ;)

Last edited:
Back