• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help a w/c noob out please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cowboybebop

hello all my first post so be gentle :D

i have just finished building my q6600 system and have been umming and arring about wheather i should go water or stay on air, any way been looking around on forums and reviews and originally was going to get a swiftech kit but decided against it and build my own rig with is what i have come up with so far
1047a4b76f7d9b6.jpg

still unsure as to the tubes and barbs but i no that am going for jubilee clips (just seem more secure) i only really want to cool the cpu for no am i might go on cooling my gpu in the future, any way the kit i would like is to go in a lian li v2000 piccie below

1047a4b5194d34a.jpg

the psu is now in the other bracket section as i was thinking of having the rad in the bottom apart from that i have not got a clue :bang head:

i have 2 kama bays in the from drawing air in with a air intake at the bottom

any help and advice would be very greatful as i have asked questions like this before on another computer forum with not much help

Just look at the stickies at the top of the page and check "Need pics of watercooled rigs" thread.
You've got some of the most popular hardware and a very common case, so finding examples pertinent to your build should be easy.

Or, look here.

Last edited:
Yeah, can be a bit of a pain on the Fuzion. I have the same problem on my MCW60. Try Metal worm drive clamps. the 1" variety for block swith close barbs. You should be able to find them at any automotive or hardware store.

I used 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD tubing. I had a tough time on the FuZion and MCW30 getting the worm drive clamps on. But they went with patience and a wiggle just fine. The worm drive clamps are the very best to get a good seal.

I used a socket ratchet wrench to get them tight, the screwdriver method is just a 'hole in the hand' waiting to happen. I also worked the clamps open/closed 3-4 times before I even put them on a hose to make the easier to use.

I must point out an incompatibility is your proposed loop. That pump you have listed, if left stock, will not be suitable for a loop based on 1/2"id tubing. It has 3/8" barbs and are not removable.
Pretty much, you have 3 choices to solve this:

Choose a different pump (A good choice would be Laing D5/MCP655)
Install an aftermarket top on the pump (Some have built-in reserviors, all have removable barbs)
Use 3/8" -> 1/2" adapters to fit the pump (Listed last because it is the worst solution of the three)

Back