• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios update...voltage issue TUSL2C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

I just got my TUSL2C and i'm running P3 1100E and initial bios version 1007 I was able to adjust voltage from 1.3 to 2.05. After updating bios to 1010 I only have voltage settings at 1.750 and 1.800

Any idea whats going on? Is the newest bios screwed up?

You may want to flash back to the last BIOS, they say you never want to flash unless it addresses a specific problem, hopefully your reflash will help if you must keep the new flash you may be able to vidpin for higher CV settings.

The VRM specification on the Tualatin compatible mobo's dosen't allow for a 2.05 volt voltage adjustment....The maximum the regulators can handle is 1.825 volts! Where did you get 2.05 volts from? You sure it's a TUSL2-C and not a CUSL2-C?

I'm positive its TUSL-2C and I just reflased the bios...not to the original but to version 1009 and now I can adjust up to 2.10v in the bios---its listed as engineering improvement on the ASUS support site

apparently bios version 1010 addresses the voltage issue for tualatin and thats why I lost vcore adjustment

Hmmmm....I woulden't trust that Asus bios as 2.05 volts just ain't possible....Don't know what Asus is up to these days....

my chip is not a tualatin but the board is tualatin capable

maybe you need to have bios 1010 for tualatin chips that does not allow for voltage adjustment that high

deez said:
my chip is not a tualatin but the board is tualatin capable

maybe you need to have bios 1010 for tualatin chips that does not allow for voltage adjustment that high

Anyone knows what VRM chip is used on the TUSL2? Could you take a look and post the part number, deez?

I wrote down all the IC's on the TUSL2-C a while back for another purpose, I don't know about the two you have highlighted and I don't feel like opening my case to look at which ones they are, but there are three that I have written down that could be the VRM chip. Here are the silkscreens exactly as they appear on those chips:

1) TI (Texas Instruments)
13DJCTK
GD75232

2)ICS
UM140038
0130-995
94201DF
(note: this one has 28 pins per side)

3)ISL6524CB
PO 123AAN2

Do some google searches for these IC's if you want to find out more about them...

MadMan007 said:
I wrote down all the IC's on the TUSL2-C a while back for another purpose, I don't know about the two you have highlighted and I don't feel like opening my case to look at which ones they are, but there are three that I have written down that could be the VRM chip. Here are the silkscreens exactly as they appear on those chips:

1) TI (Texas Instruments)
13DJCTK
GD75232

2)ICS
UM140038
0130-995
94201DF
(note: this one has 28 pins per side)

3)ISL6524CB
PO 123AAN2

Do some google searches for these IC's if you want to find out more about them...

Great! Thanks a lot!

1) is some kind of serial port driver

2) is the PLL - datasheet

3) is what I was looking for, the power controller - datasheet

hi guys!

if anyone did the voltage mod on the tusl2-c already pls update us... post pics or a detailed lecture as it would be grrreat help to other tusl2-c users such as me...

thanks!

Back