• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35-DS4 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if u want a single GFX card, P35 board with raid then the GA-P35-DS3R is a good choice....I love mine.

The DS4 also has the heatpipe cooling on the northbridge and power components, which could be helpful if you plan to push the FSB a lot.

Hmm...that board is a bit more expensive...think it's worth the difference in price? I see an open box item on it...I'm sorta worried about buying an open box since it could have been returned as it didn't perform well.

FYI, If I DID buy that board, I believe my specs would be almost IDENTICAL to yours. I'm buying the G Skill RAM, own an EVGA 8800 GTS (640 meg, the older one), the Ultra 120, and I have an Antec 550 Watt PS ;)

Last edited:
I've got this board and I really like it a lot. I've only had it running for a a bit over a week though so everything is still pretty fresh. I plan on doing some serious pushing on it this weekend so no reports on that score yet :). I'm only running 1 card in it, but it does support crossfire (though I've got an 8800 in it). I wanted the extra PCIe 16x slot for possibly putting a raid card in it at some point.

I just got mine from Newegg last week, and it was a rev 2.1 so hopefully you'll get the same.

Hmm...that board is a bit more expensive...think it's worth the difference in price? I see an open box item on it...I'm sorta worried about buying an open box since it could have been returned as it didn't perform well.

FYI, If I DID buy that board, I believe my specs would be almost IDENTICAL to yours. I'm buying the G Skill RAM, own an EVGA 8800 GTS (640 meg, the older one), the Ultra 120, and I have an Antec 550 Watt PS ;)
I bought an open box Gigabyte MB from Newegg 2 weeks ago and had the same reservations. Would all the parts and CD's be in the box? Well everything was there so I picked up a Ga P35-DS3L for $66. I've been very happy with the purchase.

It is printed on the box - it's on a sticker on the side on mine. Should be on the board as well, but I can't recall for sure.

Back