• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p35 voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBH

Hello

What voltage do I need to use on nb and "fsb" to get over 500MHz (how about 550 if possible)? Do I need to increase sb voltage too?

Thaks!

Usualy ppl don't need to up those when reaching about 500FSB.
You should be able to do upto 600 aslong as your CPU can handle it.

The best way is for you to test what your system will need to go there. Can't really happen any bad when trying. Worst case scenario is usualy resetting the CMOS. If you wanna be really careful put a fan blowing at your NB and things around the CPU-socket.

Anyways the most common thing is that the CPU will limit the use of the motherboards max FSB.

500 on fsb only needs default voltage? hmmmm.. didn't know that

I have the g0 c2d in the sig. Should be good for 500MHz hopefuly. Just installed my OS, I'll do the testing tomorow night.

Gl EBH, also remember that the quality of your ram can put restrictions on a high FSB

With a 550 FSB you'd have to run your ram at 1100 with a 1:1, some ram will just not let you do that even with loose timings and high voltage

I have ram capable of 1100+ MHz 5-5-5-15

The thing is that on my p5k it won't even run 1000 on auto (should be 5-7-7-2x or something). On the msi in my sig it ran 1066+ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V.

I think it's something wrong with the way asus sets the subtimmings. I'll have to do some research/testing.

Back