• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking For Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jorlain

The Rig in my signature is a purposed new build. That said, I've thought about doing a revision or two.

I can get the Q6600 bundled with the XFX 690i board for $350 as seen here:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...T-Q6600&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE

But, given some consideration, I've decided that I'll probably never utilize a SLI setup. I do game a bit, but, I don't really care how awesome it looks, as long as it's playable. Worst case scenerio I'd just pick up a different GPU rather than go with a SLI.

That said, I can pick up the Q6600 for about $255 by itself and know for sure it has G0 stepping. So I'd like to pick up a good board for around $100-$120. I know it won't buy me the best board on the market, but if I can manage to get a board better than the XFX, I'd love it.

Keep in mind I plan on purchasing a TRUE 120 to go with this setup, so I'd really rather make sure it's a board that will be compatible. I'm not in a huge hurry to make my purchases, but I do plan on doing so in the next week or two.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Anybody have any experience with this board? DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136043

I rather liked that Gigabyte. I could only see two fan headers, though. I like being able to monitor my fans.

If I upped the budget from $100-$120 to say, around $150-$180... Would there be any other suggestions or much of a performance increase? If so, is it worth the said $30-$50?

Thanks again for your time,
Jorlain

a increase in motherboard price is not a reflection of performance, its a reflection of features. the only performance you might gain from is going X38/X48 chipset. alot of people on XS really like there DFI LP P35 board... i would say get that one first, if you really want gigabyte look at the P35-DS4 board.

While a Q6600 will run on a 680i, they are problematic when overclocked. Get yourself a P35 board. Suggestions by Evilsizer are good ones.

you will heat a lot to go after the Abit IP35...but the gigabyte DS3L are really affortable and lots of ppl here recomended so, if your not tight on budget then i would go for the Abit...either way they both good boards.

Back