• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead board? or Dead PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mtotho

I have problem with my board. I cant imagine it is an issue with the PSU, but someone else had told me it was a pheasable issue. My board (Gigabyte DS3L) does not boot. I have posted about this previously.. and tried fixes such as: removing the cmos battery for a long time, and various configurations of other things. The board simply does nothing. Power on turns on lights, fans, etc.. but i hear no beep and see no video. Even with ram removed, i hear no beep. For the time being, i have a different board in...with a different PSU. For reasons to hard to explain.. i cant just plug my PSU into this current board im using to test it.. so i would need to take my current board out and remove the ThermalRight ultra 120, cpu etc. To save time and pain.. Is it at all possible that a problem like this could be PSU related? The psu is : Rosewill RP500-2 ATX12V v2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC.

The problem arose when i stupidly took out my pci sound card while the computer was on. I have done this before on other boards without an issue. I think it is the board.. but cant be sure. Thanks for help.

if lights and fans plugged into the board come on its not the board. its more possible for it to be the ram, as its voltage is pulled from the 3.3v rail. did you try different ram? what about another video card?

I vaguely remember you posting something like this earlier, although it may have been someone else.

If it's a power supply issue (which I doubt), make sure everything is plugged in securely to the right spots. Sound stupid, but it's worth a check!

If it's a board issue, I can't really help you directly. Try talking to the Gigabyte people, who supposedly are OK with that kind of stuff. You may end up having to RMA this.

Also, If you have the stuff laying around, try switching out some of your other PSU's, boards, GPUs, CPUs, etc you get the point. That's really the only way to pinpoint what's failing if you can't get anything to post.

Sorry to hear this predicament... I'm buying a DS3L myself in the next couple of days. So I'll have to see how good this board really is. Good luck! :thup:

If you can stay away from roswill psus my roswill took my ip35-e when it died, check the cables like XxShadowWolfxX said, my frend didnt have his mobo cable in all the way so he bought new ram and vid card and then brought it to me. first thing I did was push all cables in tight and it booted right up.

Back