• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom made WC. Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazing fire

I own a 8800GTS 320GB GPU. Don't wish to upgrade to a better one as it will cost more right? Besides, I have not ventured into WC before so it will be a fun experience at the end of the day. To further turn up the heat, I shall bulit a custom made one.

Being lazy to research, could you guys recommend me a good custom made setup that will beat a Thermalright TR-03 plus hands down? To be more exact, I plan to get like ~40 on load.

As for the GPU core, things are settled but what about the RAM etc? I would like to air cool that one as it won't be that hot will it?

PS: pls provide the price for the individual pieces in USD. Thank you.

Voodoo even has a good sticky about this... and well I would link it but you have to do some work

You want me to ship it too?

I don't mind. No shipping charges though :)

SOOO, you basically want someone else to do the legwork for you? :p

Yes.

check arround and digg a bit on this forum ... you will found some thread with same question as you ... with some great recommandation ... :burn:

Thank you. Actuallly I have something in mind while searching and reading the sticks but I don't wana influence your mind.

Wow. The usually people are too lazy to do work so they browse the internet. You're a whole new kind of lazy.

www.swiftech.com
www.ocforums.com
www.google.com
www.dangerden.com

there are probably a few more places you can look. thats why I put google in there.

:bday:.

Voodoo even has a good sticky about this... and well I would link it but you have to do some work

:bday:. Yes I read that but they don't talk about GPU waterblocks

Anyone there? Argh!

Anyway, that was what I had in mind yesterday.

Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Radiator: Thermochill 120.2/3
Water block: Fusion HL
Tube: Clearflex 60 3/8"
Reservor: Not sure
Fan: See what I can find round here
Coolent: 90% water and 10% antifreeze

Steel shroud if I can find one and some hose clamps.

What do you think? Any improvements?

Pump- If your going to use 3/8", I'd go with an MPC350 (quiet) or MPC355 (some say it whines)
Radiator- Your spot on! The bigger the rad the more headroom you have.
Water block- Good choice.
Tube- Again, good choice for price/performance.
Reservoir- A "T" line saves tubing and money. A short loop is a happy loop.
Fans- YATE LOON D12SL-12 120MM BLACK LOW SPEED FAN 47CFM 28DBA (Quite/cheap) PANAFLO / NMB FBA12G12L1BX 120MM HYDRO WAVE BEARING FAN W/ RPM 68.9CFM 30DBA (High static pressure/ still not too noisy)
Coolant- DI water and a couple of drops of Iodine/ Biocide. You have no need to use anti-freeze if there are no mixed metals in your loop.

Pump- If your going to use 3/8", I'd go with an MPC350 (quiet) or MPC355 (some say it whines)
Radiator- Your spot on! The bigger the rad the more headroom you have.
Water block- Good choice.
Tube- Again, good choice for price/performance.
Reservoir- A "T" line saves tubing and money. A short loop is a happy loop.
Fans- YATE LOON D12SL-12 120MM BLACK LOW SPEED FAN 47CFM 28DBA (Quite/cheap) PANAFLO / NMB FBA12G12L1BX 120MM HYDRO WAVE BEARING FAN W/ RPM 68.9CFM 30DBA (High static pressure/ still not too noisy)
Coolant- DI water and a couple of drops of Iodine/ Biocide. You have no need to use anti-freeze if there are no mixed metals in your loop.

Thanks a lot! I'll stick to what you say. Fan: I'll go with the sleve bearing 68cfm and 24db though. Pump: MPC350

:bday:

I never do anything normal so I cant even begin to recommend anything... :D

lol!

Back