• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8400 and Ip35-pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daaamon

I was wondering how I'd update my motherboard BIOS. I've been hearing of incompatibility issues and how the E8400 doesn't work out-of-box with the Ip35-pro. Links/TuT's are greatly appreciated. I plan on Overclockin it to at least 3.6.

If it helps, i have
1gbx2 DDR2 ram
1 8800GT GPU

Thanks in advance, i will log on in about 2hrs when i get to school.

It will work out of the box. The E8400 has been on the support list since BIOS 12, the next and current BIOS, 14, also does support it. There are also some beta BIOS out that fix some things it seems. Some like me have had a big gap in selected CPU voltage and actual, but you can just raise it higher to get it to where you want it and actually the latest beta BIOS 16.B09 has fixed that for me. Reported temps have been an issue with many boards, whether or not it's a BIOS problem or an Intel foul-up, who knows, but again, the chip will work and plenty of sucessful overclocking going on even with these flaws. You'll do 3.6ghz very, very easily.

O.K thanks, this just made my life alot easier.
I thought I'd have to do some extra crazy stuff just to get my BIOS working properly.

ALSO: What aftermarket cooling do you recommend for me if I have an E8400 and and an 8800GT? Will a 550W PSU be enough for me if i plan on doing this?

O.K thanks, this just made my life alot easier.
I thought I'd have to do some extra crazy stuff just to get my BIOS working properly.

ALSO: What aftermarket cooling do you recommend for me if I have an E8400 and and an 8800GT? Will a 550W PSU be enough for me if i plan on doing this?
Well I'm running those on my PSU in my sig no problem. Cooling is what you can afford. If your not going crazy with the OC, I think my Scythe Ninja B does awesome for the price($35, mounts like the stock one, can pick the fan of your choice), or for the best, Thermalright's Ultra 120 Extreme($65). So many decent ones out there I'd look at a couple reviews to make a good decision.

jus bought one of these guys, hoping to OC to 4ghz, can anyone share their voltage settings on air cooling?

Back