• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Skulltrail 4x4 5GHz SLI platform

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i posted up some of these links as i found them. not much interest from folks here on skulltrail...

Most here don't have the extreme budget to build one of these but I thought it was a good set of links.

Hopefully this technology will find it's way down to a more affordable level.

server chips more affordable, i dont think that will happen,would be nice. now 4 actual pcie 16x slots would be nice. gives the real option of using 4 cards for true quad gpu sli. now could you think of 4 9800X2's all sli'd on a 150in plasma for crysis? :drool:

server chips more affordable, i dont think that will happen,would be nice. now 4 actual pcie 16x slots would be nice. gives the real option of using 4 cards for true quad gpu sli. now could you think of 4 9800X2's all sli'd on a 150in plasma for crysis? :drool:

Only if it was the new, super hi-res 25600x16000 one! Wait, that was the 300" screen...

If only I could afford another octo-core system and have a use for a windows based one for anything more than folding, life would be grand :p

Thanks for the links, very interesting! :beer:

Well the Tom's Hardware review pretty much gives it a big thumbs down.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/08/intel_skulltrail_part_3/page25.html

I think the best dual socket system is going to be a professional workstation board.

Intel used nVidia chips for the SLI portion. It would also be nice if Intel would work out a long term agreement with nVidia for native Intel SLI support.

Last edited:
.... I think the best dual socket system is going to be a professional workstation board. ....[/QUOTE said:
Didn't sound like Tom's thought much of it, "Conclusions: Technologically Immature And Lacking Software Support."

While I've not spent much time looking at workstation motherboards, I agree with your comment --- I would tend to get a Tyan or some other such board too. But then I would be looking to do computations, not gaming on such a system.

Whatever, interesting info at least for me. :beer:

Boy Id love to get one of those for SETI.. Though itll be interesting to see how the octocore 16thread CPU works out. I still dont know how they are going to pull off "hyperthreading v2", to be honest.

Back