• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ETA to Asus Rampage Formula Available from Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone have insider info on this? It's March already and I haven't seen X48 released from Intel "officially" or any new mobos utilizing this chipset. What gives? Do we have to wait for Intel to have a cake and champagne party to roll this out or what? Come on Intel, stop the 8 month PR campaign for your chipsets that offer minimal improvements and kick down some official support for 1600. Sheesh:mad:

post#3 said:
21st by all accounts, asus have just moved it back from the 16th. DFI are also launching DFI LT X48-T2RS DDR2 Boards Available 16th March! which will probably also go back. Gigabyte also has GA-X48-DQ6

DDR3 boards are April.

I feel for you guys, I said to hell with it and went with the Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4.

I finally have my build working and tuned. Haven't bothered OCing yet but I'm happy with the board, with the exception of the RAID driver BSODing on me after I boot into windows; otherwise I'm pleased.

What about P45, supposed to be later? While I've bought some more expensive than I thought I would mobos in the past year and a half the premium for X48 over P45 doesn't seem worthwhile for the single-GPU crowd (me.)

It depends which x48 your after :) ddr2 or 3

I'm going DDR2. It's just dirt cheap compared to it's DDR3 counterparts. I just can't imagine waiting another 2-3 months for the DDR3 version, then pay through the nose for expensive RAM. You might as well wait for the new intel cores to see some significant gains. This will be my last build on 775 socket anyway. I'm certainly not one of those guys that builds a new computer every 6 months!

11 days and counting! You guys better not snatch them all up!

What about P45, supposed to be later? While I've bought some more expensive than I thought I would mobos in the past year and a half the premium for X48 over P45 doesn't seem worthwhile for the single-GPU crowd (me.)

the P45 isnt expected till mid summer, or later.

I see a lot of these Maxumus Formula boards on Newegg open box. Is there an issue with this series? The rampage is based on the same line isn't it? I think a majority of those are noobs not knowing how to build, but still..

If I don't get my Rampage soon I'm gonna cry... I hate sitting on this laptop... Should have never sold my AMD machine lol

I am hoping they make a Rampage Formula special edition with the NB waterblock.

The X48 chipset is really nice for overclocking given the right BIOS. Check this out.

Yes, there is good info in the AnandTech article but other than bandwidth improvement numbers there are no real performance numbers. Memory bandwidth is typical a second order effect on performance for the C2D setups (prior to tRD tweaking). I've looked for performance numbers associated with the X48 but haven't yet found a set that uses all the bells and whistles that the X48 provides. If anyone finds a study, please post here. :beer:

:p:p
Yes, there is good info in the AnandTech article but other than bandwidth improvement numbers there are no real performance numbers. Memory bandwidth is typical a second order effect on performance for the C2D setups (prior to tRD tweaking). I've looked for performance numbers associated with the X48 but haven't yet found a set that uses all the bells and whistles that the X48 provides. If anyone finds a study, please post here. :beer:

I just want to own it for the priviledge of saying I own an X48 with Intel's offirical 1600 support. :p

Back