• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick push/pull radiator question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMO - that's a bad idea. No need to order more fans, though, you can always match the fans front to back. No reason I can think of why you couldn't use 78 CFMs as the bottom pair and 90 CFMs as the top pair, or vice versa ...

would it be a bad idea to have different CFM fans on the front and back of the radiator in a push/ pull setup?
Mixed fans in push/pull won't matter, though higher CFM new fans will lower temps.

A fan doesn't know what's on the other side of the rad. It just pumps air against whatever pressure is on the other side. If there's a fan on the other side, then it works against a lower pressure. The lower the pressure the fan works into, the more air it will move.

Last edited:
Mix away, it helps anyway. I use very different fans in my push/pull setup, the pull ones are very quiet slow fans. I have also used sandwiched 120mm fans of very different types for CPU coolers and exhaust in the past, always yielding noticeable lower temps than the fastest fan alone.

Back