• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Rectified] NZXT is dropping the ball.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

When it first came out, I knew I had to have me one. The NZXT ROGUE appealed to me in many ways: The design was original, sleek, handsome in a utiliarian way, like a Hummer. And I was just given a mATX mobo NIB from a friend in my school. Within a week or so, the box was on my doorstep, and this is where the story takes its turn for the worst. After removing the packaging from the case, and looking over it briefly, I had to run off to my classes a few towns away.

When I returned that night, I noticed that the screws mounting the lower hinges were missing and caused the door to droop and rattle. Upon further inspection, it seemed that a gorrilla assembled the thing. The screw holes were stripped smooth, and one of the 'alignment pins' was bent and nearly torn from the 3mm face. "No biggie", I thought. "I was savvy; I bought from NewEgg!" So I spoke to them and as they politely explained that I could simply return it for a replacement, I noticed that the box was gone.

The lady of the house had disposed of the box while I was away getting smart, and I wasn't going to be able to return it to the reseller. I then contacted NZXT. They happily ignored my emails until I attached to it a photo of the issue, my proof of purchase and a detailed complaint of the issue, and a request for the defective part to be replaced... All this to the correct email address as opposed to the web-based support form. I recieved an email back. "We can replace that, but not until we get more parts in. We will let you know when that happens." This was about a month ago, and nary a word from NZXT. No reply from 'I'll help you with your refund/RMA issue staff member on their forums: GhostNZXT' either.

Am I being too impatient here, or is 3.5 weeks commonplace for setting up the shipping for an RMA? Lemme know what you think, thanks.

No reply? Call them. Bother them. Let them KNOW that they WILL send you this part.

Call them every 2 days ;)

I can understand them not wanting to setup the RMA until they have the parts, however you should still call to find the status on the parts coming in.

Thanks for the advice. In the time it took me to find their phone number (which was a bit challenging for me, as I am not used to tracking down company's phone numbers (Thanks, BBB)) I recieved this message from Steven, AKA GhostNZXT:

Dear Jason,

If you can please provide pictures of the exact parts that are bent and a shipping address, I will have new replacement parts and a new accessory box sent to you right away. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Steven Truong
NZXT.
Crafted Gaming Armor

Nice enough sounding fellow. Sent the info, and since this is someone different than my first contact, also explained that I may have a forgotten RMA on hold somewhere so they don't send out 2 replacement parts by accident. I want to add that every email I have recieved from an NZXT rep has been polite and professional, and I have been been the same in my emails to them. I'll update as updates occur.

When i got my apollo, my side window was scratched. I contacted them and they had a replacement at my door in two days.

I hope you get it fixed :(

Update--

Steven emailed a shipping address for the defective part and I sent it out today. After such a (relatively) quick convo with Steven at NZXT bringing such decisive results, I am beginning to wonder if my RMA was simply lost the first time around.

Happy to see this :)

their RMA is a bit vague yes, they usually forget to send a confirmation e-mail of your rma being handled or sent..I had to wait 2 weeks for mine too :)

if this still doesn't work out, CC your original e-mail to : [email protected] , that's johnny's e-mail (also known as NZXT_Dood on their forums), one of the co-owners of NZXT, he'll be happy to help out

Happy to see this :)

their RMA is a bit vague yes, they usually forget to send a confirmation e-mail of your rma being handled or sent..I had to wait 2 weeks for mine too :)

if this still doesn't work out, CC your original e-mail to : [email protected] , that's johnny's e-mail (also known as NZXT_Dood on their forums), one of the co-owners of NZXT, he'll be happy to help out

Thanks, man. I don't think it'll come to that. Steven sent me an email with tracking info, so it looks like things are all squared away. I'll update again when it arrives for some final words.

Final words.

The package arrived a day earlier than was expected according to tracking. Reattaching it to the case was a bit of a hassle as the holes were slightly misaligned, but was manageable. Furthermore, The case seems to have seen a version change. The front panel on the old one had 2 pins for alignment/stability, whereas the newer version had no less than 6. I removed 4 of them to make it fit due to no holes in the case to accept them, and I am not good at precision measuring and drilling. All-in-all NZXT picked the ball up again. Good times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back