• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi,

I purchased a 183w 40x40 peltier for my rig (see sig). I am cooling via water cooling (see here: here )

1)Where can i get the supplies i need (neoprene, grease, cold plate, anything else i need) ?
Any that are in Canada? or cheap to ship to Canada?

2)What kind of temps am i looking at for my e6300 oc to 3.2ghz?

3)Will i need to insulate my nb and gpu waterblock if my cpu waterblock has a peltier and they are all on the same line?

4) I have read that the cold plate and the peltier, and waterblock should be clamped tightly together... how is one to do that?

5) any pictures of peltier mounts, setups would be great.

6) do you insulate the back of the motherboard behind the cpu?

7) what thickness of neoprene should i go for?

8) will i be able to run this peltier with the psu i have for the system?

Last edited:
Hi,

I purchased a 183w 40x40 peltier for my rig (see sig). I am cooling via water cooling (see here: here )

1)Where can i get the supplies i need (neoprene, grease, cold plate, anything else i need) ?
Any that are in Canada? or cheap to ship to Canada?

2)What kind of temps am i looking at for my e6300 oc to 3.2ghz?

3)Will i need to insulate my nb and gpu waterblock if my cpu waterblock has a peltier and they are all on the same line?

4) I have read that the cold plate and the peltier, and waterblock should be clamped tightly together... how is one to do that?

5) any pictures of peltier mounts, setups would be great.

6) do you insulate the back of the motherboard behind the cpu?

7) what thickness of neoprene should i go for?

8) will i be able to run this peltier with the psu i have for the system?

3) No, the water will be warmer, not cooler in your loop as a result, so insulation is not needed to protect against condensation.

4) The block I used (Maze 4-1 from DD), had holes threaded into the cold plate and pass-through holes in the waterbock. That way you could clamp it by screwing it tight.

6) YES! Oh Great GOOGLY MOOGLY, YES!!!! I lost a CPU due to a pinhole in the conformal coating on the back side of the motherboard. When I took the CPU out, the socket was full of water!!!

7) 1/8", 3/16", and 1/4" are good sizes to work with. Maybe as thick as 1/2".

8) Maybe. I think it would be on the marginal end for running everything you have. Dedicated PSUs are a better choice though. Especially if it lets you tune your voltage.

1) Grease can be bought at any auto part store and you can get neoprene from mcmaster.com, along with cheap Tygon tubing and the like.

The cold plate from crazypc looks too thin to me, I wouldn't go under 1/4".

You will need a separate PSU for the pelt.

No need to spend money on grease, use vasoline.

Back