• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to do some upgrades to my WCing Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

I'm currently thinking about buying two parts outright and teetering on the third.

How much will the D-tek pro mount kit (backplate stuff) help? I read a review a week or so ago (the top block test posted here) and it showed a significant drop in temps from adding it. For $12 this seems like a decent investment, am I right?

Also, I'm thinking about buying a nozzle for the Fuzion. I remember reading that they help, but I don't remember how much or what size to get for a dually. For $7 it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Again, not sure though.

Lastly, the only component I haven't replaced in my loop is the rad. It seems to work well, but I think the fin density is too high and hurting my temps. I'm considering getting 3 loons and a new rad. The fans I have no push almost 300cfm at full bore so I don't mind noise, but I'm thinking a fan replacement is in order too.

Choices seem to be between the MCR-320 and the PA120.3. The PA120.3 is almost 3 times the price but is known to be the best. How much better than the MCR-320 is it? Is it worth the price premium? Would I noticed a temp difference between the two in normal conditions? Keep in mind I will probably be adding a VGA card to the loop when I buy my next gen card.

Thanks in advance.

The Pro mount helps because it's got limiters and springs etc. You get the backplate on, mount the top part to the waterblock, line it up and tighten crosswise till you limit the screws....done. Repeatable and easy. I like it.

Nozzles can help. Depends on how good your flow rate is matters a LOT. Peeps love the nozzles for Q6600 because it increases the impingment on top of the HS, and creates better turbulence to pull heat away. Use Martins flow rate calculator to ensure your flow rate won't drop too much with the nozzles. And experiment is all I can say.

The PA 120.3 is better/equal to a MCR, but the MCR needs HIGH noise (CFM) fans to come close to a PA 120.3. Thats whats best about the PA rad. You don't need monster noise to cool your system. And the PA 120.3 is plenty for your CPU/GPU needs. As long as your ambient air temps aren't stupid high. I use Yate Loon med at the low setting on a fan controller, ambient room is about 22C. Look at my temps in my sig.... My pump is the loud (HAHA:)) part.

A PA rad is well worth the coin if you want quiet too.

The Pro mount helps because it's got limiters and springs etc. You get the backplate on, mount the top part to the waterblock, line it up and tighten crosswise till you limit the screws....done. Repeatable and easy. I like it.

Nozzles can help. Depends on how good your flow rate is matters a LOT. Peeps love the nozzles for Q6600 because it increases the impingment on top of the HS, and creates better turbulence to pull heat away. Use Martins flow rate calculator to ensure your flow rate won't drop too much with the nozzles. And experiment is all I can say.

The PA 120.3 is better/equal to a MCR, but the MCR needs HIGH noise (CFM) fans to come close to a PA 120.3. Thats whats best about the PA rad. You don't need monster noise to cool your system. And the PA 120.3 is plenty for your CPU/GPU needs. As long as your ambient air temps aren't stupid high. I use Yate Loon med at the low setting on a fan controller, ambient room is about 22C. Look at my temps in my sig.... My pump is the loud (HAHA:)) part.

A PA rad is well worth the coin if you want quiet too.

I don't mind high noise fans at all...my computer is in its own room. I think the fans I am running now are rated at 38db at max and that's how I'm running them. So the MCR=PA120.3 IF you use high CFM(noise) fans?

I guess I need to find a review on the nozzles...I don't have the time to experiment with them to pick out the best one for me. Surely there is someone out there who has played around with it already.

Back