• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The system you all help with. And need a little more advice (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

Well finally after 5 years and now that I am ready for a new system here are some pics. I am going back to intel and I am having a hard time deciding what to do. The system in the pics is:

Athlon 3200+
Epox 8KDA3+
Adata 1 Gb
70Gb Raptor
GeForce 6800 Ultra
All DD blocks including G card, NB, and Cpu.
120 rad and a dual 80 rad. (way overkill)

So I am torn between these two options. If I decide to get grade this box so that I have all my new gear on this WC system I am going to spend $1200 for computer hardware(cpu,MB,ram,Harddrive,graphics card). Then I have to add about $220 for new water blocks. So right around $1400. If I do this I will have to take the old parts, find the original fan blocks etc, and then piece together for my back-up.

On the other hand... If I go for all new parts (cpu,MB,ram,PSU,HDD, DVDwriter,case,graphics card, WinXP) the newegg cart came to around $1800. Only $400 more than the first option but then I have to consider I will be on all stock air cooling. Have been out of the loop a while and don't know how well the current systems are OC'ing on air. Plus the labor will be a TON less. But I will have an old system that penguins would be comfortable in and a new one where Lucifer enjoys partying on the weekend.

What to do... What to do...

I know that I could WC the new one also, but I went through hell building it and ended up with a lot of RMA's cause there always seemed to be an issue with one of the WC parts.

Just curious what some of you would do in my shoes. Trying to figure out how to get a new bangin system and still have a reliable back up with out having to spend weeks rebuild with no functional machine. Thanks everyone.

I am going with the new Wolfdale and it seems to be screaming for most people. Just don't want to spend it, build it, then ask the question and find out i made the wrong decision.

Attachments

• IMAGE_183.jpg
    IMAGE_183.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAGE_185.jpg
    IMAGE_185.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 59
Back