• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these good temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LucifurFox

Idle after fan change:
Cpu:
#1= 43C
#2= 43C
#3= 40C
#4= 42C

Gpu: 51C

NB:38C

temps after 25 min under load.
room temp: 20C
CPU:
#1= 54C
#2= 54C
#3= 49C
#4= 50C

GPU:56C

NB= 38C

Last edited:
it is actually really hard to say if those are good temps...as we don't know if your CPU is scaling back...and even bad coolers can keep idle temps down.

are you sure about your ambient temps? Is that your case temp and not ambient? Unless you are waterchilling you will not have an ambient temp above your core temps.

well info about my components can be found here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=541161

or in my sig. and that ambient temp is just one I got from riva tuner, its probably around 20-25C in the room.
the fan that points onto my rad is on low if I crank it most of the temps drop 5-10C only problem is its extreamly noisy. but I will be investing in a quieter one soon, so that will probably bring my temps down.

Only big changed was to a quieter rad fan, I think im going to change it back.

temps after 25 min under load.
room temp: 20C
CPU:
#1= 54C
#2= 54C
#3= 49C
#4= 50C

GPU:56C

NB= 38C

Last edited:
Good score on a free heater core! Those temps aren't too bad for it's size but you're probably pushing the limits with the quad, 8800GTX, and NB in the loop. You might consider adding a single rad up front or something if you can fit it in (another double would be even better). Then you can go for the quieter fans - otherwise you'll need every CFM you can get.

BTW - The pump will take the added retriction from a second rad but not much more. Rads, even heater cores, tend to be relatively low restriction ... ;)

Last edited:
OK, turns out there was a kink in the hose that goes from the NB to the GPU, so I changed it;
res>pump>rad>cpu>NB>gpu>res

to

res>pump>rad>cpu>gpu>NB>res

I also put the old higher cfm fan back in.
i'll grab temps in a few min

I went back to the louder fan (on low its not that bad) and I put the other, quieter fan on the opposite side of the rad.

idle

CPU=
#1=39C
#2=38C
#3=36C
#4=36C

GPU=50C

NB=31C

Load=
after 10 min with prime95 torture test and ati aritfacts scanner running
CPU=
#1=53C
#2=53C
#3=48C
#4=49C

GPU=59C

NB=34C

I just realized that my GPU block dose NOT get full contact with the gpu, the fittings are resting onto of 2 ramsinks, swiftech really didnt think these things threw, first the thermal tape craps out on me, now there to dam tall!! I'll have to get 2 low profile ramsinks soon, because I dont think it should have that high of an idle temp.

Hmm slightly better than I have I am jelous. But then again I need to check the ambient around the computer.

I just realized that my GPU block dose NOT get full contact with the gpu, the fittings are resting onto of 2 ramsinks, swiftech really didnt think these things threw, first the thermal tape craps out on me, now there to dam tall!! I'll have to get 2 low profile ramsinks soon, because I dont think it should have that high of an idle temp.
My resolution to the RAMsink dilemma. Needle-nosed pliers are a wonderful thing ... :)

DDR3_HS1.JPG

DDR3_HS2.JPG

Back