• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

I'm looking for an mcres-1000, but some say its not that great.

I'll be using an MCP-350 & 3/8" barbs on the rest of the stuff, apogee GT & MCW-60.

Is there something else thats small and easy to tuck away somewhere?

I'm looking at the Lian Li PC-V600 or possibly a HTPC case. It will end up replacing 1 of my 2 MythTV machines, case determines which one.

I would look for a "newer" MCRES1000. IIRC there are several revisions to address barb cracking & noise issues due to the water "current" sloshing within the res itself.

Also IIRC, use the center barb for the return. It helps minimize the swirling current that makes the noise to begin with.

T lines have never been that great in my mind.
Never had an issue for as long as I had one...they worked pretty good actually. I can't say they are easier than a res, but they are not horrible.

Never had an issue for as long as I had one...they worked pretty good actually. I can't say they are easier than a res, but they are not horrible.

In a pizza box HTPC style case you have no more than 4" of T line. That is of no use. Trust me.

In a pizza box HTPC style case you have no more than 4" of T line. That is of no use. Trust me.
I can't see any reason that it wouldn't work, I ran for months with only 2-3 inches of it filled....

I could see it being a pain to bleed, but once it gets running, it should stay filled.

Go down to the hardware store :) Get a 1" or 1.5" PVC T and then get three 1 (or 1.5) to 1/2 threaded, then get two 1/2 barbs and a 1/2 cap. Best compact res I have ever used.
tlinepvcres.jpg
And trust me, it was much easier than a regular T. For me anyway.

Back