• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best PSU for a 8KHA+ mobo under $50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1Time

I just ordered a "TTGI" brand 370w ps from ramplus.com for $48.00. It has a 2nd fan on the bottom and an on/off switch on the back. The combined +3v and +5v rail is 220w. These look like pretty good specs to me. Any one seen better for a comparable model ps?

Model No: TTGI TT-350SS (370W). AC
MAX OUTPUT POWER: 370W.
Input: 100~120Vac/200~240Vac, 10/6A, 60/50Hz. DC
Output: +3.3V~26.0A, +5V~37.0A, +12V~16.0A. +5Vsb~2.0A, -5V~0.5A, -12V~0.8a).
Cooling: Air convention by (two) +12V DC fan(s).
Eight IDE connectors, two floppy connectors, +12V power connector, Aux power connector.

>AMD XP 1700+
>Epox 8KHA+
>Alpha PAL8045 hs - Panaflo fan
>512mb Crucial PC2100 2.5 cas
>40 gig Seagate Barracuda IV 7200 rpm
>GeForce GTS-V 32mb DDR
>LiteOn CD/DVD - CDRW
>SB Live Value
>Win XP Home
>Samsung 19"
>Antec case SX635
>Antec 350w ps PP-352X (returning it to Best Buy)
>NIC 10/100 - floppy

Last edited:
I have been doing a lot of shopping around the past few days, and that deal looks great to me...Really good.

What do you know about that company? What was the shipping charge?

Last edited:
Ground shipping was about $8.00. Never heard of TTGI before finding it on the AMD listing. I've done quite a bit of shopping too. After comparing several different brands I was considering Antec, Sparkle, Enhance or Enlight models and of those the Antec PP-403X looked best for $77.00 including shipping. It's combined +3.3 and +5 is 245w and rest: 400w total output, +12V~12.0A, +3.3v~28.0A*, +5V~40A*. I believe the (*) stood for max or peak load. These specs compare closely with the TTGI model I bought. However, the lesser points I found for the Antec helped me choose the TTGI and they were the +12V~12.A, only one fan, no on/off switch and it cost $21.00 more. I'll post back next week when I see how my new TTGI ps works.

>AMD XP 1700+ >Epox 8KHA+ >Alpha PAL8045 hs - Panaflo fan >512mb Crucial PC2100 2.5 cas >40 gig Seagate Barracuda IV 7200 rpm >GeForce GTS-V 32mb DDR >LiteOn CD/DVD - CDRW >SB Live Value >Win XP Home >Samsung 19" >Antec case SX635 >Antec 350w ps PP-352X >NIC 10/100 - floppy

Thanks for the very helpful info!

I have seen those TTGI's at a local shop, and the look pretty solid. The shop manager says he likes them a lot.

Let me know when you get it, thanks!
:)

Got my TTGI 370w ps going tonight; it's a keeper and quiet too. Got it from www.ramplus.com. Was glad to see it has sleeve bearing fans instead of the louder ball bearing ones. Equally pleased to see the power connection to the mobo was about 2 feet long. Only different thing I found with it was, instead of the wires feeding out of it near the back of the case, they come out about 2 inches closer to the front of the case. Kind of wierd to see at first but it's cooling the same as the Antec 350w I just returned to Best Buy. TTGI's bigger models are 420w and 470w.

>AMD XP 1700+ >Epox 8KHA+ >Alpha PAL8045 >512mb Crucial PC2100 >40 gig Seagate Barracuda IV >GeForce GTS-V 32mb DDR >LiteOn CD/DVD - CDRW >SB Live Value >Win XP Home >Samsung 19" >Antec case SX635 >TTGI 370w ps >NIC 10/100

1Time said:
Got my TTGI 370w ps going tonight; it's a keeper and quiet too. Got it from www.ramplus.com. Was glad to see it has sleeve bearing fans instead of the louder ball bearing ones. Equally pleased to see the power connection to the mobo was about 2 feet long. Only different thing I found with it was, instead of the wires feeding out of it near the back of the case, they come out about 2 inches closer to the front of the case. Kind of wierd to see at first but it's cooling the same as the Antec 350w I just returned to Best Buy. TTGI's bigger models are 420w and 470w.

Ok, about that 350 Antec from Best Buy, what did you think of that? I have an 8kha with an athlon 1.33 that needs more power. That TTGI sounds really good, but I am also curious about that Antec. Thanks.

Also, why did you sig come up in the quote? Did you put that there manually? You can just put in in your profile, if you didn't know... :)

The Antec 350w model PP352X from Best Buy was about $65.00 out the door. The biggest points against it were, the combined 5v+3.3v is 180v (perhaps good enough), it cost more than the TTGI and it was louder than I had hoped for. I liked the on/off switch, although the only pics I found on-line of this model don't show an on/off switch. The wires for the Antec to the power connector on the mobo are shorter than the TTGI, and although it was okay for my small tower, it might not reach well for a large tower. Although I found no difference in cooling between the 2 PSUs, the 80mm and 90mm ball bearing fans of the Antec probably move more air than the TTGI. The Antec comes with a fan speed monitoring wire I plugged into the mobo. I only noticed its speed ranging between 1900 and 2400rpm. The TTGI does not have this. Both have speed-adjusting fans. Just figured out how to use the auto-sig earlier today. Thanks.

Back