• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't believe how expensive ram is!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

I can't believe how expensive memory is now days. Atleast double what it was earlier this year! Man I remember when you could pick up 256 megs of PC 2100 for around $25.00. Now your lucky if you can find it for under $45.00! Most are selling Crucial for around $60.00 or $70.00! I guess I should have upgraded when prices were low :(.

bdf24 said:
I can't believe how expensive memory is now days. Atleast double what it was earlier this year! Man I remember when you could pick up 256 megs of PC 2100 for around $25.00. Now your lucky if you can find it for under $45.00! Most are selling Crucial for around $60.00 or $70.00! I guess I should have upgraded when prices were low :(.

Memory trades like the stock market, it will go down soon.

I remember when ram was around a dollar a megabite. I was a couple years ago, but we got spoiled over the last 6 months.

WyrmMaster said:
I remember when ram was around a dollar a megabite. I was a couple years ago, but we got spoiled over the last 6 months.
I know I remember paying $125 + tax for 128 mb of pc100... man thats sickning...:eek:

memory prices are crazy, it's amazing how much the price can fluctuate, if you're willing to wait for it to come down you can make a real saving on it.

I'm still waiting for them to go high enough for me to unload all this pc66 I invested in ages ago :)

It is pretty crazy how they fluctuate so much. I remember paying $350.00 for a 256 meg stick of Corsair pc 133 ram! WOW! That's nuts! then the last time I bought ram I paid $32.00 with S&H for a 256 meg stick of Crucial PC2100. What a difference. Prices have been up for a few months now. I'm getting pretty tempted to pick up another stick. But don't want to pay so much. I know if I buy now prices will drop in a week :). That's just the way it is.

Back