• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best DDR module out there for overclocking ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tecnoboy

Registered
Whats the best DDR module out there for overclocking ?
1- Crucial 256MB PC2100 ?
2- Corsair 256MB XMS2400 ?
3 - KingMax 256MB DDR333 ?

I need it to go up till at least 166MHz FSB with CAS2 and all memory settings turned to most performing !

PC2700 will get you pretty high. I have not heard of too many people not getting over 160mhx FSB. I maxed out my board with 164, I have room to go higher but the board stops me cold.

For the price Crucial Pc 2100, mine runs 170fsb turbo cas2 4way on a Epox 8KHA+. I also have Corsair Pc 2400 an does no better than the Crucial.

Your motherboard can make a big difference as well as how much voltage you use.

I have 2x256mb of kingmax 2700 running 100% stable at 172mhz cas 2, 2.8v.

I put 1x256 of crucial I have in as a test without changing any settings and the crucial gave me error's as soon as the os started to load.

Last time I looked 256 crucial was $72, 256 kingmax $78.

Last edited:
I Guess that with Crucial DDR PC2100 modules it's just a kwestion of luck how far you can go...

Well right now, OCZ offers PC-3000 ram, but no one really knows much about it. It runs 80 bucks for a 256mb module, so it isn't THAT much of a risk...

Placid

You are correct, that there are to many systems out there some run higher fsb than others with a given memory. Memory is like cpu's to me some run better than others. I bought 3 sticks at different times of Crucial because I have had good luck with it. I have ran the memory on 3 different mobo's only using the same hardware an get the same results. I bought when it was 29.00 a stick an you couldn't go wrong at that price.

Back