• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6750 G0 Watercooling results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Element-Xero

Hey guys, used to WC, and I'm thinking about going back. My temps really aren't THAT high (high 50s under load), but they are high enough to make me wonder if I could get a better OC if I watercooled my chip.

My question is whether its worth it on this chip, and was wondering if there's anyone WC'ing an e6750 g0 that could shed some light on the potential of this proc on water.

As in my sig I already have a stable 3.72 GHz out of this 2.66GHz C2D, and I'd be sort of amazed if I could go much higher.

But I'm sort of hoping I can. Hitting 3.8-4.0 would be amazing. What are people getting?

From what I've seen, under a good water loop, don't expect much more than 3.8 or 3.9. You'd be lucky to hit 4.0 IMO. How many volts are you using to get it to 3.72? If its not too much, you could try uping the volts to see how high you can go on air. You'll still be safe with 62-65C full load, prime95 temps. IMHO, I don't think its worth it at this point for you to go water with such a great overclock and low temps.

Thats sort of what I was thinking/afraid of :p

Mainly because water looks awesome in my case. But I can't justify it purely asthetically. I am running 1.54vcore BIOS, lower with vdroop obviously. I can't get this chip to boot to 3.8 even with 1.8v. Not too confident that temps are my bottleneck so much as the cpu itself.

Good point. You might get water and then find out that you can only go like 50Mhz higher. Not really worth it in my opinion. You'd be better off buying a 8400 or 8500 and getting 4Ghz+ basically guaranteed

Im running an e6750 on a striker extreme mobo(680i chipset). The motherboard is a piece of trash and not only is my cpu under water but is my north and south bridge. My chip is clocked at 3.88 ghz for daily use, ive gone over 3.9 (about 3,97) but i dont like the temps, and i cant even get the pc to boot at 4ghz (this could be beacuase i dont wanna push my voltages that hard reguardless of temp). Anyways under load at 3.88 at 1.49volts

cores average about 67c
cpu averages about 54c
ambient is 19c 66f

My load/heat test is very intensive though i run two copys of orthos one stressing small ftt's one blend test. I also run a program i found here in the programming forum called core damage whose sole purpose is to heat your cpu up. under a normal load wich in order to make sure im stable i run 2xOrthos and a 3dmark loop my temps average about

cpu 52c
cores 58.5c

idle

cpu 30c
cores 44c

I am also running what i am told is a bad water cooling kit, the pump is rated at 185gph have no idea what kind of pressure it puts out or its curve, i have a single 120mm fan radiator and 3/8 hosing. Like i said those temps are on a crap kit with the north and south bridge cooled in the loop since my mobo is a pos. Btw i also have the cpu and and its block lapped with artic silver on all the chips, i dont think that crap really makes a diffrence though.

As far as e6750 potential ive read about people getting to 4ghz and over with water, im sure if you get a good setup with your mobo you could do much better than me, i have an abit ip35pro in the box still maybe ill test this theory at some point...

Last edited:
Yeah the thing is though, I'm not even booting to windows on 3.8, even with 1.8vcore. Doesn't seem like the temps would be holding me back at that point. If I was getting errors on Prime95 I could see it, but I'm not even booting, nevermind surviving load.

Last edited:
try lowering your multiplier to 6, keep the voltage at about 1.35 or whatever your using now, then set your fsb to 475 if it wont boot you probably need to cool your north bridge better so you can pump more voltage to it. Have you tried uping your nb voltage at all? I couldnt get past 3.7 untill i cooled my NB with something better than passive heatpipes

I can get my E6750 stable @ 3.8GHz on air, but nothing really higher. (It takes a huge amt of voltage to get 3.8 stable for me, I don't run that 24/7)

I can get my CPU to 4.0GHz on air for benchies, but that's as high as I've ever gone. You'd need extreme cooling to go higher I think.

TBH I really don't see a huge difference between water cooling and really high end air cooling. To me personally, it's not worth the effort / risk / cost to make a WC setup. But thats just my 2 cents.

~Shig

try lowering your multiplier to 6, keep the voltage at about 1.35 or whatever your using now, then set your fsb to 475 if it wont boot you probably need to cool your north bridge better so you can pump more voltage to it. Have you tried uping your nb voltage at all? I couldnt get past 3.7 untill i cooled my NB with something better than passive heatpipes

Interesting. My mobo is the rev 2.0 and the NB is passive hs, not even pipes. Maybe I'll throw a fan on it and see what happens.

what voltages do you run to get your 6750 to 4ghz?? ive tried about 5.5 but i dont feel comftorable going higher.

Element Try lowering your multipkier to 6 first makes sure it your board before you go needlessly screwing with things

I had a e6750 for a week I wanted to see if it would be any better than my e6420. It wasnt it ran a bit cooler but still toped out around 4.01ghz on ice water with 1.7v

Vdimm = 2.3 v 5-5-5-15 2T
Vcore = 1.525 v @500 MHz CPU multi = 8
Other voltages increased to 10-15% over stock.
PCI-e bus = 101 MHz

super_Pi 1M = 12.719 sec

Back