• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just set up the CPU loop, how are my temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

narcotis

Hey everyone, i just set up my water cooling loop, it is all Danger Den, system includes

MC-TDX
X-Flow Stealth GTS 240 Black Ice
DD12V-D5 Pump Fixed Speed
Tygon Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
FB (Fat Boy) G 1/4 Fittings
FluidXP+

First off, let me say that bleeding the system was a mess lol and it pretty much sucked. but i learned a lot NOT to do next time lol

ok, so the room temp is 22*C
System components can be found in the sig.

Right now i have a virus scan running, prime95 (running for 20 min), and i am here, on OCForums.com,
Core temp is saying my temps are as follows....

Core #0 56
Core #2 50
Core #3 54
Core #4 49

ok, virus scan is done now the temps are

Core #0 55
Core #2 49
Core #3 52
Core #4 49

Last edited:
ok thanks again, so at what temp should i be worried??

Also my GPU is stock cooled, it is idle at about 55*C how are those temps, whats high for that, EVGA 8800GT Superclocked

Its hard to tell how good that is Idle. Idle is kind of useless, if you can run a 3dbenchmark application for 2-3 loops and then report the temp that would be more actuate. I would be worried once my temps are above 70-75. But i don't see how you can get their even with overclock. (of course if cooling is working properly)

What kind of thermal paste do you have in there?

no problem man here to help!

ill run 2 or 3 loops of 3dmark06 and give you a temp.
i am using AS5, and i just visited there web site
it said to apply a line and then let the heatsink spread it, i applied a dot and spread it with my finger, is there reall a difference in performance?

Back