• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tech9

I have my cooling setup, and its working fine. But i need MORE!!!

I have 680i running dual core / Swiftech Apogee / just cpu in the loop.
Running a 2x120 rad, with yates on the back.

I know that the Apogee GT is much better for dual/quad procs, so I know I need to upgrade that.

I would also like to maybe put the GPU in the loop, and or the chipset (not sure if its really worth all the trouble).

Can I have some recommendations on some things.
Looking mainly for the waterblock for cpu, maybe fan upgrades, etc.

Here is an old pic of the setup. Nothing on the loop has changed.

img1601wc2.jpg

Hi,

I know from my setup (same mobo) my nb runs way to hot, and the fan on it is much too loud. Im currently revamping my case (project in my sig).. with updates coming soon.

Id recommend the dtek fuzion cpu waterblock, nb cooling (and since you replace this you need to do something with the southbridge... i put a thermalright hr05 on it)

I second the above post if you are presumably going to be OCing, the north bridge runs very warm. You can either throw it under water or go with a better cooler.

As for the recomendations for your GPU i would suggest a full coverage block to save some hassle. If you want to save money get something like the MCW60 and get ram sinks for the card(note this may require increased airflow towards the video card)

as for the water block it depends how much you want to spend and how much performance you want.

The favorite these days is the D-Tek fuzion, although before the nozzle kit (which is extra) the EK Supreme out performs it. Both run in the $50 range.
For cheaper you have the right idea looking at the apogee either the GT or the GTX.

I personally prefer my waterblocks to have chrome/metal barbs (which the gt does not) but this is merely a personal preference... I have this irrational fear that plastic barbs will take less stress to crack

I might as well just put it under water instead of a hr05 right?

I was looking at the d-tek, wasn't sure about the nozzles, last time i looked they were awesome. And I really like the EK blocks also.

For the gpu, I was looking at the ek block, thats a full coverage right? What does the nickel plated do? Less tarnish?

Back