• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling my CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hillsdale

Im thinking of getting a small Watercooling kit for my CPU... here is what i was looking at
LINK
And I was wondering if this would do a good job with the specs in my sig.. (Main Rig... with the Q6600) and i was wondering what the temps would be like..
:beer:

the MCP655 is one of the best pumps out there by wide consensus.
The storm block has gotten wide acclaim also.

While the temps vary from case to case depending on your airflow and the type of fans you slap on the rad I would say probably around 53C per core at load

Ok well last night i opened my window abit and did some benchmarking, and idel i was getting 23c

im not sure about load, but my 8800 Ultra temps where around 70c-75c load and 45c idel

The Swiftech Apex kit is definitely recommended by me. But, I know you are a hardcore bencher, so I'll be honest, I would not put a GPU block into that loop unless you add another rad or substitute a 3X120mm rad. Your quad core will get pretty toasty when cranking up the voltage and pushing it to the limits. I have my vid card on a separate loop, which is more expensive of course.

Back