• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolant level flucuating why??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

narcotis

ok so i got my "T" loop set up, as follows

top of T is the fill tube
T to pump
Pump to CPU
CPU to rad
rad to T
T to pump

i BELIEVE i blead all the air out

my T line is almost full, so i can see the level in it, now when ever the pump is running the level in the T will slowly drop about a half inch over an 8 second period, and then jump back up rite away, then slowly go down, and jump back up, ect.... it does this loop constantly,

is this normal? do i have air trapped somewhere?

i have the pump mounted on the side of the case, (next to the mobo), so the intake faces the bottom of the case and the exit points at the side window, (i called Danger Den and they said this was fine)

Its fine. Several of my past loops there has been a half to one inch difference in the level when running and not running. Not sure why yours goes up and down, mine usually just dropped less than an inch while on then went back up when off.

In any event I wouldnt worry about it.

is this normal? do i have air trapped somewhere?
Yes, it should drop a little when the pump is turned on and then slowly come back up, thats it ;)

If you can, run just the pump and tilt the case as far as you can in all directions and see if air comes out.

Last edited:
Back