• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recommendations/comments on idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

A few days ago someone posted about having put his radiator in water after a leak, I want to take it a step further.
I want to put the hoses directly into a shallow/big tub and put it next to an air conditioner.
Will I have to worry about my electronics in a mixture of distilled water and UV computer coolant? What ratio should I use? I plan on using a water pump to keep the water moving and a uv light on the outside to make it look cool, should any of this be a problem?
Also, I need someone to recommend me a 1)pump 2)Water block and 3)Hoses.
Thank you

The tub sides will have to have enough heat dissipation to keep the water cool. Otherwise the water temp will slowly rise/ If the tub is plastic does the plastic have thermal transfer properties? Or does it act like an insulator? Also, the ar conditioner is also used to cool the room too I suppose? Then the power costs of the AC are no worries. Also worry about the water being chilled to sub ambient when the PC is off, which will cause condensation if your in a high humidity room.

Pump? Laing D5, has 1/2 fittings.
CPU block? FuZion, has 1/2 fittings.
Hose? No less than 3/8" ID, preferably 1/2" ID. Having 15ft of hose isn't good either, if thats what you need, then 1/2" ID.

BTW, putting the rad in the water didn't dissipate ANY heat. It was a bad idea. The rad and water got warm, no where for the heat to go.

Back