• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this galaxy kit any good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Then I reccomend you steer clear from watercooling and go high end air, Theramlright 120EX will outperform the origanal choice.

Does no one bother to search about these pre-assembled water cooling kits, I bet there's at least 4 topics about this on the first page alone, and of course the answer every time is "NO".

There's something about "less than $XXX" and an inability to search ...some kind of disease or allergy, or something????????

This isn't a dig on the OP, just an observation that those that know the least also seem to search the least.

Yea, I wasn't trying to bag on the OP either. I've only just recently stepped into watercooling myself, but I spent probably 2-3 weeks searching for info on forums, looking at flow rate calculators, estimating heat load, then getting a general idea in my head of how I was going to put things into the case, and then I made a post to doublecheck and make sure my idea wasn't dumb or somehow flawed, and then bought my parts.

In my searches I came across many a corsair, thermaltake, etc etc kit. Saw the "good" reviews on the big sites, checked the forums and saw nothing but problems. I learned in about the span of 5 minutes of my own time and not waiting for a reply, that they're all trash.

Yea, I wasn't trying to bag on the OP either. I've only just recently stepped into watercooling myself, but I spent probably 2-3 weeks searching for info on forums, looking at flow rate calculators, estimating heat load, then getting a general idea in my head of how I was going to put things into the case, and then I made a post to doublecheck and make sure my idea wasn't dumb or somehow flawed, and then bought my parts.

In my searches I came across many a corsair, thermaltake, etc etc kit. Saw the "good" reviews on the big sites, checked the forums and saw nothing but problems. I learned in about the span of 5 minutes of my own time and not waiting for a reply, that they're all trash.

exactly what I did, lots of preparation goes a long way.

I spent months putting my loop together, it totaled up to 175 bucks or there abouts and its better than that Swiftech kit you posted, and the first time I put it together I didn't get a single leak etc...

the moral of the story is if you look around for used parts, and look at tons of different websites you can get a great or even better system for less

generally all kits are bad, though the swiftech ones are quite good

if you dont want to research to learn about watercooling, and have a "low" budget, just stick with high end air like the TRUE, it probably performs better than the kit you listed.

Back