• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apogee GTX inlet/outlet question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is an In & Out. You need to look at the cuts in the block.

Attachments

• base-plate-installation.gif
    base-plate-installation.gif
    69.3 KB · Views: 128
There is an In & Out. You need to look at the cuts in the block.

There is always inlet and outlet in any block. The purpose of this picture is for user to install base correctly, not to define inlet or outlet. Base is same on both ends so there is no difference how you go about it, for inlet or outlet purposes.

I dont think there is really much performance difference at all. I accidently hooked my Fuzion up backwards when I redid my loop, temps did not change whatsoever. I even added my GTX to the loop and the temps are still the same.

Doesn't make any difference at all, as long as you check the block to make sure the factory put the top on correctly and the fins are oriented like the pic shows. Then the water will flow in either direction properly.

There is always inlet and outlet in any block. The purpose of this picture is for user to install base correctly, not to define inlet or outlet. Base is same on both ends so there is no difference how you go about it, for inlet or outlet purposes.

Again, as long as the base is installed properly it doesn't matter performance-wise, but putting the outlet above (in reference to gravity) the inlet can help a lot with bleeding air out of the loop. I have no experience with the GTX, so I don't know how much difficulty air has going through the block, but with my Fuzion it made a significant difference (especially when using a t-line, which takes a loooooooooot longer to bleed than a reservoir).

Again, as long as the base is installed properly it doesn't matter performance-wise, but putting the outlet above (in reference to gravity) the inlet can help a lot with bleeding air out of the loop. I have no experience with the GTX, so I don't know how much difficulty air has going through the block, but with my Fuzion it made a significant difference (especially when using a t-line, which takes a loooooooooot longer to bleed than a reservoir).

I've found to just mount it the way with the shortest amount of tubing. Fill it the way you normally would. Then add some providone Iodine to your loop. as soon as the Iodide reaches your pump it'll froth up turning your entire loop into a million bubbles. 2-4 hours later it'll be clear as a whistle with out a single bubble stuck anywhere.

note: I've ran my computer like this with no problems what so ever, sometimes when I go to lans and the Iodide hasn't mixed yet it'll froth up again (as in its sitting in the T-Line), but there isn't any danger in it.

Back