• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

So, I sold my psp on ebay, sold friday night around 10am

guy emails me demanding i ship priority on Saturday afternoon. He paid me ~12pm on Saturday too, I only had a few hours. I am not going out of my way to go to the post office for this guy. I told him I would ship on Monday.

He just responded back saying Because I am in Romania he wants all his money back!?!? WTF?!?!

:eek:

What is gong on.

thats BS, but id rather paypal him the money back and put it up for sale again, better that than having to deal with some nut job

Ill just send it DC so i know he gets it and i have a receipt. If paypal says I scammed him I have proof, plus i can always unlink paypal from my bank account and credit cards if he disputes

Last time I checked, the seller had all the power on ebay.

The buyer has no place to make those kinds of demands, unless the way you worded the sale made him believe he'd be able to get next day shipping?

The sale was made, he paid you, your only responsibility to him is to fulfill the obligations you set forth in your listing. His fault for not looking at the item locale.

you can have paypal refund the money without any charges. go under the transactions details. And issue refund or something like that.

basically you got 6 months i think to give a full refund without any charges.

you can have paypal refund the money without any charges. go under the transactions details. And issue refund or something like that.

basically you got 6 months i think to give a full refund without any charges.

That's all well and good, but why should he pay for the irresponsibility on the part of the buyer? I'd personally tell him to go for a walk. Other than that i'd offer to refund all but the listing fee.

Well im not saying for him to refund him the money, i wouldnt either. Hes not responsible for the guys needs. if he wanted it so badly he should have contacted to send it overnight.

Your under no obligation to meet his demands...tell him to F### off....

Ebay and paypal cant and wont do squat as long as its shipped in a timely manner..like within 3 or 4 days ..

I absolutely refuse to do business overseas with E-bay and/or paypal. And I put this in my auctions

Romania is the home for lots of e-bay/paypal scammers

Last time I checked, the seller had all the power on ebay.

Not any more and this is a good thing. My last Negative feedback was an utter joke, I left a REALLY SLOW SHIPPER and liar a Neutral, he then goes and leaves me a negative because he did not get a positive. He lied about shipping the item and finally mails it 3 weeks after I paid, and he even went so far as leaving an eval that stated he was 100% Wrong in the feedback remarks, with these new Ebay changes, this crap will not happen. This seller gives a negative if he gets a neutral EVERY TIME WITH EVERY BUYER. Ebay would not lift a finger to help me, then they change the rules and still wont help me. Ebay truly sucks, almost as much as this seller. PS, The seller told me if I wanted it quicker to go to Walmart and buy it myself :bang head

Here's the negative:

Explained that this was 100% my fault, no need to go this route my mistake.Seller: thedugout ( 10106 iconShootYllw_25x25.gif ) <-His mistake and I leave a neutral to get this BS negative from this clown.

HERES EBAYS NEW RULES FOR SELLERS:

Feedback Changes
The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
  • Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
  • Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.) Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage. When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed. When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed. Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
  • Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.
Coming Soon: Seller Dashboard

PS, Don't cave in to your buyers demands, just send it insured or trackable and send him the tracking number, your under no obligation to expedite it.

Ever since eBay seller fees have gone up from roughly 5% to 10% all told if you do a fair shipping cost I stopped bothering to sell stuff on there. Too bad, I made some easy money flipping things that had MIRs :-/

I don't understand how buyers are only allowed to get positive feedback though. Wth, what if they totally jerk the seller around?

E

I don't understand how buyers are only allowed to get positive feedback though. Wth, what if they totally jerk the seller around?

The majority of the time the buyer pays quickly, then the seller would wait for a positive feedback before leaving a feedback, to often the seller would give poor service and when the buyer leaves a neutral or negative, the seller would retaliate with a negative himself. So I view this as a good move on Ebays part, since they (eBay) N-E-V-E-R do anything about retaliatory feedback, in my situation I even called Ebay at their HQ and had a one week dialog via E-mail and they refused to lift a finger, they agreed I was in the right, but that didn't matter to them. Reason they don't do anything about enforcing their rules is they don't want to waste manpower enforcing their rules, so they chose this avenue of dealing with that headache.

Back