• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT 512MB and a MAZE 4 works. cheap GPU cooling!!! pics.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why do you have the springs between the backplate and the card? You want the backplate directly up against the card to prevent warping, and the springs on the block side. That is why the backplate has a rubber gasket to be between the card and the backplate.

I found out after I bought an MCW60 for a new 8800GT that my Maze4 would have fit. Oh well.

I may be incorrect but in that section of the PCB very little or no heat is being generated

surely the springs are on correctly, looks like they need to be pushing that way to create force between the block and the die no?

They are supposed to be on the other side on the peice of plastic- the plastic prevents bowing of the board.

PS: does anybody but me read instructions?

Nice work, bro.

This is a very cheap alternative compared to buying an MCW-60 or a Maze5. Think I might grab some.

Hey guys, I am also another user to the 8800GT w/ced with a DD Maze4. I have slapped on some copper ramsinks, but they keep falling off because the thermaltape is just too weak, how do you guys prevent your ram sinks from falling off? (I've tried hot-glueing, but it falls off from the heat too).

No posting of for sale items outside the classifieds. This will be your only warning.

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
any cooler water or air will fit a 8800gt/gts G92 if it is compatible with the 7900 series they use the same mounting

i've been able to use the same 4 bolt cooler on a x850xt, 7900gt, 7950gt, x1900aiw and 8800gt

Back