• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC and TRUE, possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

Hi guys,

in preparation for the forum wars I was thinking what I could add more to get an even higher oc on my cpu, I don't want to go watercooling again because it killed my gfx card and mobo...twice :( . So I am considering a tec now for my cpu.

I am wondering this though:

1. How much watts will the tec need to be to reach somewhere near 5-10c load?

2. Will my 500W psu suffice?

3. Will my TRUE suffice?

my cpu gets 47c now @ 3.5ghz 1.45v with a 120mm fan @ 1600 RPM(should be around 60cfm)

so, TEC on a TRUE, can it be done?

btw..how does a TEC go between the heatsink I am wondering

I wouldn't.

Your chip is putting out probably around 100w-150w your gonna need a 168w TEC minimum and then you have effiency and the TRUE needs to cool alot more.

My suggestion is this:

It's pretty cold over in the netherlands correct?
Open a window. Put PC near window.
Go!

and it goes likethis

HS
(I think the TEC goes here, I'm not too sure.)
COLDPLATE
CPU

James has the tec placement correct. Personally I would go back to WCing before i fooled around with a tec.

I've been meaning to make a thread about this, as I was wondering the same thing :confused:

I've searched and whatnot but haven't found a definite answer wheter it'll work or not, although I haven't looked very hard :-/

Air cooled tec's are a waste of time if your overclocking.

Dennis if you setup your loop correctly you wouldn't have killed anything, you need to leak test whenever you cool with H2O!!! If you want a better system for Forum Wars, upgrade your processor. Thats the first place I'd spend money.

I'm looking, but the 8400 is not available till 2 weeks here..and I did leak test thorougly on my 2nd build, it just so happens that during moving my pc a barb untied itself -_-'

I'm still saving for some new stuff though..hope to go DI next year :)

Back