• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb case selection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jorick

Registered
I'm getting ready to build myself an E8400 based system, and I'm looking at getting back into Water Cooling (I had a WC setup 4 or 5 years ago, but abandoned it when the pump stopped working).

I was going to go with a kit, but decided against that, and instead will be buying individual parts:

Pump : Swiftech MCP355
CPU Block : Either a Dtek Fuzion, an Apogee GT, or maybe a Dtek Whitewater.. Still up in the air on this.
Radiator : Thermochill PA120.2

Overkill for what I currently would need, but I'm thinking about possibly putting a video card block in the loop in the future, so I'm getting the larger radiator now.

I'd love to have everything inside the case to make it easier to move around. It doesn't move a lot, but if I have to replace something, I do have to pull it out of it's niche. I'd also like to not have to deal with disconnecting the water system because everything is so close together the tubes block access.

My current plan is to fill with a tee, not a reservoir, for no reason than not wanting to take up space inside the case. If there's extra room, I don't have a philosophical problem with the reservoir.

So, all that being said... Anyone have ideas for decent cases? I'm not that handy with cutting up a case and drilling holes, so something with enough space (and easy mounting) would be great. Clear acrylic isn't out of the picture (I'll admit, I really liked the pics of the DD Water Box Plus), but it's not a requirement. Non-standard case sizes/dimensions are also not off the table. Function-over-form is my priority. Price is not that much of a concern, but if there is a cheap option, I'd probably take it.

Original cm stacker and tt armor don't require any modification to install dual rads or triple. Other cases might need some cutting if you want to keep rad inside.

Back