• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus phone support ... epic fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

I have called them 6 times trying to get a RMA on my maximus...

no matter what I try to do, customer service, support, or RMA they just place me on hold for about 5 min and then disconnect me to a busy signal.

I ended up sending them an email, but who knows it that will work.

do any of the other manufacturers have better customer service?

Asus is quite known for poop CS especially phone support... =/

I'd just wait for a reply from the email, if you get one.

I'm on a waiting list for a call back about my A7N8X mobo. Its only been a few.....years. :) You'll get nowhere with ASUS and if you do get an rma they will probably just send your same board back.

yet dispite this low CS people still buy from ASUS, why? speak with your money, not in words. MONEY speaks more then you can to anyone..

this really should be in vendor discussion...

ive had good luck with asus rma called got my rma no. send board in got new board with in 12 days. just went to buy a p5k premium still in box we will see how this works
Rich

I'm thinking of buying a different board...becuase of the problems I have had with mine, and I am not getting much help from anyone.

What board would you buy for overclocking an e8400 and raid 0 raptors, thats really all i need, it must ship with a bios that will take my cpu out of the box, NO updates!

who has good customer service?

Last edited:
just place me on hold for about 5 min and then disconnect me to a busy signal.

My ISP, VTel did that, too, back on October 24, 2007, but that was because I didn't press a number, because it didn't tell me to press a number. Unhelpful. :mad:

You know, it's funny how some folks get crap service out of Asus and others get decent support. I called them about 3 weeks ago to RMA a P5NE SLI board that was dead and I got pretty decent service. I was only on hold for around 5 minutes and had a lady take my call that was a native English speaker. I went though all the troubleshooting steps I had done and then she issued me an RMA number and also sent instructions for the RMA via email. I shipped the mobo to them by USPS right before I left for work on 1/31 and yesterday I got an email from them saying my board is repaired and being shipped back, with the tracking number included in the message. I just checked and Fedex is showing it to be delivered on 2/22. So I can't complain about the service I've gotten out of Asus

BTW, I will move this to Vendor Discussion since it's about Asus customer service. :)

I've gotten decent service as well. My old P4P800E-Deluxe has been RMA'd twice w/o issue...x-shipped both times.

I ordered a refurb board...didn't come w/ an I/O plate, and Asus sent me one free of charge.

No complaints from me, but I will admit my first experience a couple years ago w/ them was much better than the last time I dealt w/ them a year ago. They may be going down hill.

I don't care about what asus did in the past.

Right now, I cannot reach them by phone at all. They simply place you on hold and then disconnect you to a busy signal or ask you to leave a message and never call you back.

They have not even replied to my email.

I am talking to newegg atm trying to get them to save me from this disaster nightmare of crap customer service that asus is giving me...

Asus has worse customer service then dell...and this board will be my last asus brand purchase ever.

What ever I buy in the future, be it abit or gigabyte or something else, I will buy at newegg. They have yet to disappoint.

Too sum up,

Its been days since I first left a voice mail with the asus RMA department and days since I sent them an email, requesting an RMA. I have yet to hear back from Asus, and with the premium they charge for their products I do not know why they cannot do better.

I am so thankful for newegg, I cannot say enough about it.

Once I contacted newegg they responded with in a few hours, offered to help, and resolved the problem to my great satisfaction with in 12 hours. They took a situation that was literally making me angry, and they turned it around.

Asus support, tell me about it.

a friend of mine had one of his mobo's go bad, sent it to asus, and it took them 3 months (!) to ship him back a new one...that's just really too long for a RMA IMHO...

He couldn't reach them no matter how hard he tried..crappy I must say, therefore I get my boards from Gigabyte, great boards and cheap WITH good customer service

I guess I must have gotten lucky then. My board came back yesterday, a day ahead of schedule (Thanks Fedex :D ). I still need to test it to see if it boots now though.

I still havent heard from asus, guess they are too important to reply to my email or voice mail.

At this point it just proves that I made the right decsion to never again buy an asus product.

To be fair, I finally got an rma number email from asus last night, but it have to say how hard is it to send an rma number, how come it takes them over a week?

When you put it in perspective, gskill gets back to me in 1-2 days and newegg and amazon both take less then 1 day.

I guess some how in asus land there is some magical space time vortex that makes a 1 minute task of replying to an email into a monumental 7-10 day event. IMO Asus should tell people about the "space time vortex" so we will know not to blame asus...

I'm thinking of buying a different board...becuase of the problems I have had with mine, and I am not getting much help from anyone.

What board would you buy for overclocking an e8400 and raid 0 raptors, thats really all i need, it must ship with a bios that will take my cpu out of the box, NO updates!

who has good customer service?

thats your problem? are you kiddiing? wow ok .... then yeah i dont blaim asus for no helping you .... did u make a post here @ least .... did u google? did u make an attempt to fix it? it doesnt seem like you have.... i have a p5e i dont have issues with raid or my chip.... no updates...i just updated for fun

hmm and yea there cus service stinks ... but asus makes great boards....only board i would get over an asus is a intel.....hence the fact that ill never get an ATI chip....yah they just suk

Back