• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pest Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafa

Great, now folks who have asthma can be discriminated against arbitrarily as well.

And what's to stop the inventive young person from simply using very effective earplugs or carrying around a white noise generator or counter-frequency generator to drown out the noise for the whole gang?

The fascist idiots who promulgate this type of garbage technology should be the subject of nation-wide boycotts.

If we could only do that for MMO's. I would be SOOO happy to get rid of all the kids in WOW :)

The controversy over this has also caused a bit of a backfire, so I've heard. Apparently it's become an emerging trend for kids to use those same high-frequency sounds as ringtones/text notifications, so they can covertly do texting and email in class without the teacher hearing. (I'm guessing it must be quieter than just using vibrate...?)

I can't remember the source on that... I'll post it if I run across it again.

Back