• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sh6 Doa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

high_lander

Registered
Question...

I was upgrading the BIOS on a SH6 and lost power for a second (house) and it hosed the BIOS update. Is there a way to make the board do a BIOS update, or am I S-O-L? I know there are caertain boards that allow you to force an update but I don't know if this is one or not. I am just trying to skip the RMA hell. Any ideas?

You can replace the bios chip for about $19.99 but its a tough call to do that or RMA it for free.

Check on Google for Bios chip dealers there are a few good ones.

Also maybe think about buying a cheap APC as they are usefull for this sort of thing.

Man I'm sorry for your loss, if you can RMA it, do that, but a replacement bios chip would do the trick.
I am in love with my SH6...the only caviats are no mem interleave,and no raid.....but I have to say that it is the most stable board I've owned to date, and it is the sole reason I haven't made the jump to P4...not many boards will let you get a 400mhz+ overclock (your results may vary).
I also like having the choice of running slot one, or 370 on a slotket.
When it comes time to eventualy upgrade, I will have a hard time letting go.
I sincerly hope you can bring it back from the ashes like a phoenix, 'cause like I said "I love this board" and wish everybody could experience the joy I get with mine.

Back