• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up first custom kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jinu

with the help of liquid3d, thanks again bud, i decided to try a custom kit. my parts are:
MCP655-b
SubZero ExodusFlow Altauna block
PA160.1 w/shroud
XSPC 250mm passive res
using 1/2" ID Clearflex tubing.

my main question is, has anyone here used the antec 900 to wc? if so, can you link me to come detailed pics. i have an older version which does not have the holes to run the tubing so i am going to get out the dremel this weekend. just would like to get an idea of how im going to have to run my tubing.
tia

btw, the XSPC res will be on the exterior of the case, probably above the exhaust fan.

Last edited:
Dremel? You're going to want a hole saw for a drill to cut those holes.

well, there is an exhaust vent that i was looking at cutting open and filing down with the dremel. if i drill a hole in the top, then i will use something else. trying to make it to where i have the shortest/cleanest loop possible cause i still plan on air cooling my 8800 gtx

you don't want round holes for fans, thus out goes the hole saw. Dremel/Jigsaw is a moders friend.

Yes, but you do want round holes and grommets for tubing.

edit: Actually, what's wrong with round holes for fans? You still need something at the corners to bolt the fan into place unless you have a fascination with octagons for some reason.

edit: Actually, what's wrong with round holes for fans? You still need something at the corners to bolt the fan into place unless you have a fascination with octagons for some reason.

lol, the round holes will be for the gromets and tubing. the 900 has enough fans as it is.

There is actually a slightly oblong profile for the optimal fan hole. It allows for quieter operation of the fan along with better flow characteristics. Check a design manual from a fan manufacture and you'll see what I'm talking about.

eg: http://www.comairrotron.com/fan/pdfs/ms.pdf

There is actually a slightly oblong profile for the optimal fan hole. It allows for quieter operation of the fan along with better flow characteristics. Check a design manual from a fan manufacture and you'll see what I'm talking about.

eg: http://www.comairrotron.com/fan/pdfs/ms.pdf

Did you look closely at the pdf?

The link to the fan you provided is symmetrical, not oblong.

RTFM!

Back