• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what blocks better for a Q6600 or E8500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It really depends on how much ocing you are going to be doing. From my research, I found that neither would suffice for what I was planning to do with my X3210.

Because both of these blocks are designed for single/dual core loads not quad. IIRC though, the TDX was a bit better, the GT I wouldnt use at all IMHO

I was basing that on the fact that the GT and the Storm have pretty close results. All of which are higher temps then the Fuzion or the Ek Supreme.

I had also read that the GT is not the best choice for quad core... I'll try and find the link.
As for the dual core both will do a good job. From my understanding it was the extra 2 cores that gave the GT a little trouble.

Since you have both, slap on the GT if it fits.

Both blocks will work just great there is only a few Deg diff between most blocks

Console is of coarse right. The GT and the Storm are right around the same temps as seen here for example

between the Storm/GT and the Fuzion/Supreme there are about 5C difference as seen here

however the delta T of the Supreme is far better then the Storm (and by association I would *assume* it would be about the same for the GT)

well my DTX has been kicking *** on my old P4 at over 4.2Ghz with 1.5V core.

so now im going full Intel and i bought a Q6600 today for 199.99 so what block should i run?

my apogee says optimized for the Q/QX. that danger den DTX is a good looking block.

well hell, if one is already in a loop the call should be pretty easy :)

Slap that GT on the Q6600 and let 'er rip

Back