• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Is In My Loop?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leftheaded

I spent over 8 hours finishing up my loop last night. Left it running last night and thought I was finally about to get to start using this system.

Well, something's in the my tubing.

The smudge in the upper left part of the reservoir is not a cloud or blur. it looks like a water mark from the water line. It looks like some paint is in the water if you could see it better. hard to photo that part.
2284684964_d8b92f6750_b.jpg

Here's another try at that part
2283887201_a0cb5510e0_o.jpg

Do these look like air bubbles? Looks like oil based paint to me??
2283876843_6dbeb36e37_b.jpg
2283876689_27c080fc9d_o.jpg
2284665142_0f8463b084_b.jpg

What is it?

How do I fix it?

Did I ruin anything?

Will it ruin anything if I don't fix it until next weekend?

I rinsed the hell out of my radiator, so I don't think that's the cause. But I didn't rinse the blocks, pump, res or tubing. Also, I did drill holes in my case while the water blocks were in the case with their fitting open. Meaning, it could be the fine, metallic dust that blew into the open fittings from drilling? :bang head

I suppose it could be metallic dust. However, it looks similar to the air bubbles I had in my loop, although I used antifreeze... everything eventually worked its way out of the system.

Perhaps someone else has keener eyes then mine

ya know, the worm drive clamps i used were oiled. and i was getting it on my fingers when working with them. the more i think about it, the more i'm convinced that some of that oil got into the loop when i was forcing the tubing onto the fittings & through the clamps.

great. now, i've got oil in my loop. should i call exxon?

I would also say it looks like oil, as it seems to be mainly at the top of the res and your tubes, ('cos it floats).

Sorry but don't know what/how to flush it but I bet someone does,

Good luck tho'

rdm

Looks like a giant air pocket in the tube in that last picture, and if there's that much air still in the line, it could very well be tiny airbubbles. Turn the pump off and flick the line to see if the stuff floats off like bubbles.

yeah, sorry i should have mentioned that the pics were with the pump off, and after i had drained a little out (to reconnect one end). that huge bubble isn't in the running loop

Give it a week. Could be nano-bubbles, the bane of any watercooler.

J/K, give it a week. It's prolly bubbles, thwack with your finger those tubes with your finger like you thwack a friend in the head after a stupid joke, see it it breaks them loose. If glued it's oil.

Back