• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aja

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1515/

"Where Now?"
Joe Citarella - 2/19/08

I wrote earlier about my funk after attending a local computer show HERE. I received a number of emails with similar impressions, confirming the sea-change in this business, most notably as laptops now account for the majority of PC sales.

I had bookmarked almost every PC hardware site that I ran across in the last ten years and after clicking through this list, I found that at least 80% were defunct.

So this leads me to a soul-searching question for our readers:

Where does Overclockers.com go from here?

More of the same? More laptop stuff? Viking funeral? Broaden out to other electronics gadgets? What?

Obviously there are no right or wrong answers, so let it fly. As usual, someone will win a prize for responding, drawn at random.

My favourite parts of the front page have always been the waterblock and heatsink tests, as well as the stories of overclocking from the past, when homemade waterblocks were held together with silicone and string.

I do also admire Ed's insight and opinions, if not always correct, for his diversion from the norm and unexpected article topics.

Any thoughts?

Well....
I've always been a desktop person till my employer encouraged laptop use, and for my type of pc use it's worked out well. Laptops today are pretty powerful and I don't need anything more. At home, its desktops, they just work and I like tinkering, something you really can't do much on a laptop.
My favorite part right now is "Cyber Deals", used to be Intel CPUs, but once you get the basics down, its old hat. I do read a lot of posts, I enjoy the sense of humor many people have writing on this site. I hope this site does not change too much, It seems to be going strong. But, "change" is a constant, as I keep being told....
Another reason I like cyber deals is my sig pc was taken off to college by my boy:eek:, so I'm slowly putting together another one while working with an early p4, 1.4GHz rambus machine....

Back