• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosewill Micro-ATX Slim Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafa

The funny thing about the case reviewed in this article is that it's a carbon-copy of the Antec Minuet. I wonder if it's made by the same factory?

Our HTPC used to be housed in a Minuet which I eventually sold for cheap, cheap, cheap. Even with a single-core AMD 3500+ running stock with integrated video and a single HDD, two of the Antec PSUs failed in less than a year's time.

Repetitive PSU failures, the inability to use any standard expansion cards, and problems with the crappy plastic bezel constantly falling inwards inspired me to move our HTPC up to a Silverstone LC13B which accommodates the ATX standard. A much better-built case with superior cooling for the same price.

IMHO, the slight reduction in size afforded by cases like this don't justify being limited to MATX boards, low profile expansion cards, and the headaches of finding replacement units for a marginal proprietary PSU.

Last edited:
It's a cool looking case but I agree the limitations of low profile cards and the specialized power supply size are a turn off for me. I actually like the looks of the Minuet better, it has more of a "xbox 360" look to it.

Back