• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling NF4 SB question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phionex00

hi guys,
This is my first water cooling attempt and the south bridge block that i got the gasket for southbridge is to big was wondering if it was ok to cut it down to size and what excatly is its purpose ?

the block is Thermaltake CL-W0083 W3 Northbridge Water Block (couldnt find a thermaltake S/B block).
So thought i might be able to cut the gasket to the same size as the one that is on the original heat pipe, but dont know if the gasket is meant as an air thight seal around the chip or is it just there to keep the block from shorting of the surrounding parts of the board ?

Amd 4200 dual core
Msi m-7220 Diamond plus (nforce 4 chipset)
Crucial 1gbx4
xfx geforce 7900 GT
Cooling ??

i dont believe there is any gain in performance by wc your S/B. at least not enough to offset the restriction that gets added to the loop. i would recommend returning the block.

Southbridge water cooling

i have no chioce but to cool it cuz there was/is a heat pipe on the board which cools north and south so if i do one i have to do the other the temp of the south bridge with the heat pipe assembly hovers around 32c at stock settings and the north is around 40-42c that with the cooling fan maxed out other wise it hovers between 45-50c and all these temps are at idle ?

I had a P5N32 SLI deluxe the same chipset as you...

I WC the NB and found I could OC the ram with real tight times 840mhz on 4.4.4.12 T2.

For the SB I tapped on an old intel HSF... and I cut it in such a way so that I could still run two 7950GTs...

Back